Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket Guages vy ss

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
They're a mass produced unit.
I really can't see holden forking out for two different dashs just for some measly guages.

I reckon the gauge pods will still sit in the same places. But in the particular models with the extra trim, it goes under said trim.
Just an assumption, but it seems logical to me.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
As far as i know they're the same. The only difference was between the models with the top storage compartments (like my ss) but the rest of the models were the same. I fit gauges in my vy berlina and when i got that pod i was told they were universal except for the models with the storage compartment.

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
i would be gutted if none of the mounts suited the vy series 2 with the 3 dial. is it best to e-mail holden or call?

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I wouldn't buy the SS Inductions ones.

I had one installed last week, all fitted ok, not the best fit but good enough, gauges up and running THEN on a hot day it all melted and distorted.

What an absolute piece of sh^% and waste of money. SS stuff is crap, steer clear.

To top it off I can't find my receipt off the place I brought it so i will just buy a genuine one down the track sometime.

clubbd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Clubsport
I have aftermarket gauges in my car most holders will fit but thats not the problem,guages need a sender box to work in other words if you can find one that hooks up to the holden computer in your car your laughing but the only ones I know of that work are the genuine hsv made by VDO I have matrix gauges in my Vy clubby they light up but needles dont work lol they look awesome especially when you change the colour of one to red and the other blue and people drive real slow near you at night lol.I deliver to and speak with Holden mechanics and auto elects every day and theyve told me the same only the genuines work sorry.:bang:

Last edited:

57ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute tuned by sonny
i got the ss inductionss ones and aftermarket autometer gauges and i have had no problems

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
i asked holden when i got my water pump replaced under warranty and they said as far as they new the climate control ones ok, just plug in, the top of the dash will clip in but if non climate control you have to do the wiring yourself, would like to get the factory and wire it up myself, or the autometer would be good too.

does anyone know if you can wire up the little apexi ones that you see in all the jap cars, that you can change the screen to read as gauges or just the oxy sensor/injector readings, boost readings, etc to a v8 commodore?