Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Advice

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
i got my air con re gassed about a year ago,it lasted only 3 days. And its really annoying not having it working in this heat so i want to get it fixed asap. Ive heard a lot about compressors stuffing up,so i checked mine and the pully doesn't spin at all. Does that mean its time for a new compressor? Also are they hard to put in yourself?

Please help!!

you will have a leak in the system somewhere, which means theres no gas, so the low pressure switch cuts power to the compressor clutch. take it to an a/c shop and get it pressure tested.

trav27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
you will have a leak in the system somewhere, which means theres no gas, so the low pressure switch cuts power to the compressor clutch. take it to an a/c shop and get it pressure tested.

Thanks mate :) ill get that checked out

TopSpeedMotorsport

Power Hungry
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP SS
Having driven trucks over there I can see why you guys like your a/c working, here I just cut the belt off the a/c pump & conserve HP.

romulas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina 94modle
ac vr berlina

hi iam having problems with the climate control module not turning the comprossor on ,i have replaced the modle and still no go any ideas would be a help thahks:idea3:

grazm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
VL Aircon - Evaporator Leak on passenger footwell

Hope someone can help. My ol' VL aircon evaporator is leaking into the passenger footwell area. It could be a blocked drain tube. But does anyone know what needs to be done to access the problem area. Does the dash need to come out ? If so what area?
Thanks in advance.

Mad-Biker

Reaction score
Members Ride
cbr600f4i
Gday, i have a 86 VL commodore Berlina Formula pack, it has air conditioning, when you use the controls you can hear the vaccum lines activate with it.

their is no belt on the air conditioner, the previous owner is very old and doesnt remember when the belt got taken off.

what should i do to try and get it working again,

safe to just put a belt on it and see if it works

or will i need to rip it all down.

im planning on getting the dash off anyway, should i replace the seals or the whole condencer behind the dash, and then get it regassed.

sorry noob question but theris a new gas to replace the old gas with the standard gear now?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Well firstly if hasn't been used its probably got no gas in it as AC systems need to be run frequently so the oil in the gas gets moved around the system lubricating all the seals that join all the pipes together.
Putting a new belt on it to try it out won't hurt anything and at least you can see if the compressor cut in and out when you turn the system on and off.