Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
Thats amazing man, top job keep it up
With your promblems spraying th clear coat, it could be a couple of things, It could be either
1. Your air pressure it too low.
2. Your clear is too thick.

Hope that helps :/

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Thats amazing man, top job keep it up
With your promblems spraying th clear coat, it could be a couple of things, It could be either
1. Your air pressure it too low.
2. Your clear is too thick.

Hope that helps :/

Thanks, I have a suction fed gun that i spray at about 60 psi for clear. I think the problem may be the paint is too thick, as i sometimes get a fairy floss type spray. Next time i will further reduce it so it is similar consistency to airbrushing paint, would that be correct? Or just reduce it to the thinnest of the manufacturers recommendations?

outstanding! for the next project i would like to see a bit of graf. i have a feeling you might have some tucked away, and i am a huge fan of decent stuff :p

I will give it a go, i reckon some of it looks awesome.

The youtube slideshow shows the different stages of airbrushing. I used the stencil at the start to get the shape of his face, and place of the features. Apart from the very light spray to outline his face, the rest of the work is free hand.

‪Airbrushing The Dark Knight Joker‬‏ - YouTube

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
69 rs ss camaro/ rodeo dual cab
un real

How about the slipknot "S", paint it to look like its been branded or stamped into the metal. Man im ok at art and ive got an air brush somewhere im inspired, dude youve just blown me away, screw uni you could seriously make good money with talent like that

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
That is really cool, I have no idea about airbrushing but you got talent man. How long does it take to do something like the joker?

Thanks Lemusa, the actual airbrushing of the joker took about 3 hours in total, but ontop of that there was the time taken for prep work, base and clear.

How about the slipknot "S", paint it to look like its been branded or stamped into the metal. Man im ok at art and ive got an air brush somewhere im inspired, dude youve just blown me away, screw uni you could seriously make good money with talent like that

yeah, i should give that a go, i havnt tried replicating the stamp indent idea but that would look pretty good for any logo. I havn't picked up my airbrush since i did the joker, there has been too much time spent on designing and drawing for uni projects. Hopefully i can incorporate the airbrushing into projects during and after uni.

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
Thanks Lemusa, the actual airbrushing of the joker took about 3 hours in total, but ontop of that there was the time taken for prep work, base and clear.

yeah, i should give that a go, i havnt tried replicating the stamp indent idea but that would look pretty good for any logo. I havn't picked up my airbrush since i did the joker, there has been too much time spent on designing and drawing for uni projects. Hopefully i can incorporate the airbrushing into projects during and after uni.

Hahaha I know how you feel about not picking up the AB, since I did the paint tin I haven't touched mine..... (got a girlfriend now) hahaha BUT!!!! I do wanna get back into it, so she is gonna get pushed aside :p mwahahahaha, I'm hopefully gonna start soon, still on stencils & stuff, not keen enough for freehand yet, but Ari... I'll do step-by-step pics for you :)

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
69 rs ss camaro/ rodeo dual cab
ratio

Hey guys, Just got some jo sonjas paint and flow medium from bunnings what ratio should i mix it at? And what psi do u spray at coz ive just sprayed a bit and the paint is splattering, mind you ive got a real cheap single action suction fed gun, im getting a dual action later this week

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
Hey guys, Just got some jo sonjas paint and flow medium from bunnings what ratio should i mix it at? And what psi do u spray at coz ive just sprayed a bit and the paint is splattering, mind you ive got a real cheap single action suction fed gun, im getting a dual action later this week

As for the ratio, It should have some kind of info on the tin/can about that, but if not, then if it's spraying too thick, add more thinner to it... I spray at around 50psi-60psi works well for me....

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

That's the same stuff i have been using for all my practice pieces so far, and works well with the correct thinning. I put almost equal parts paint and medium in a plastic shot glass and mix it well with the flat end of a toothpick, then add a few drops of water to thin it down a little more. I only mix up tiny amounts so a few drops does the job for me. I find the mixture just drips off the end of the toothpick. Its hard to explain, but just try it with different ratios until it works for you.

I spray at about 45psi. When i was using a real cheapo single action i had the same problem, but it may have been i hadn't figured out how to mix the paint yet. Its all just practice, even mixing the paint correctly