Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
contirbuting:
100_3680.jpg

(i know it looks crap, just posting for a LOL)

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
i have a dual action airbrush have only used it for some basic spraying on motorcycles

what paint do you guys use for artwork?

Well i'm not sure about others, but I use the left over paints from work, it's 2k paint, either basecoat uni colours or basecoat metallic colours, It's all free for me :)

Ari.... :) looks nice

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
My air compressor has not been working recently, so there has been no airbrushing for a while. But i just got hold of a cheap ls1 engine cover, so need to decide what to airbrush on it. Any ideas?? :idea3:

as i was reading this thread, i just CANNOT believe that you arent a professional artist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously r u an artist ?

your work is simply amazing mate

keep up the good work

tc

Thanks mate, but no, it's just a hobby for me

jeza101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
That is some pretty amazing work there mate, I've just started airbrushing & yesterday I did my 1st bit of work, and for only the 2nd time i've used my airbrush I think i've done well... :smoking:

Its a Diamond plate Jigsaw :)

Looks good holdendude :) The checker plate is great, did you buy the stencil for it? if so, where from?
I find you can suprise yourself on how good the work looks when its finished, its a great feeling looking at what you have done

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
My air compressor has not been working recently, so there has been no airbrushing for a while. But i just got hold of a cheap ls1 engine cover, so need to decide what to airbrush on it. Any ideas?? :idea3:

Thanks mate, but no, it's just a hobby for me

Ah thats a shame man, I've just got a project that I'll have to wait 2 weeks till I go back to work to do, mate is gonna get me to do his LS1 Cover aswell.
I did up a rough digital draft on the computer for him and he's keen for it, it's gonna be abit better than this but you get the picture...
Brushed aluminimum plates riveted/tack welded with rust stains & a HDT logo embossed into it with rust in it.
Andrewenginecover.jpg

But what you could do is maybe do brushed aluminimum with a few sheetmetal tears/rips with parts of the engine (Under the cover) visible? :hmmm:

Looks good holdendude :) The checker plate is great, did you buy the stencil for it? if so, where from?
I find you can suprise yourself on how good the work looks when its finished, its a great feeling looking at what you have done

Thanks mate, with the checker plate.. up close you can see it's not quite perfect, because I made the stencil myself, but they can be bought, I've found $270USD worth of stencils to buy :) So im happy with that haha. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Here is one one Ebay...
Diamond - Plate Air Brush Template - Motorbike Helmet - (eBay item 270718498718 end time 10-Apr-11 11:36:13 AEST) : Crafts
Other wise try...
AirsickStencils.com, Premium Airbrush Stencils & Templates for some, thats where i'm gonna be getting mine from, but they'll have to come from America.

Yeh mate thats true, once I completed this, I was quite astonished at how good my 1st attempt turned out.

Last edited:

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
Epic skills man :D

flawnt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
for those who want to learn airbrushing fast
these guys offer night classes, i hear they are really good, even if your a shithouse drawer
Airbrush Venturi is $315 for the course, 1 night a week for 8 weeks
When i get the time I'll defs take this course

but very nice work on the airbrushing guys :)

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
I've heard about them, I've heard good things.
Also for those who don't want to take classes, join The Airbrush Forum you can learn quite alot on this forum and there is plenty of constructive encouragment.

Thanks mate :)

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
Here's my latest piece of work, mates LS1 cover, I bogged the 5.7L Alloy V8 writing on either side & also the holden logo on the top, primed it & sanded all the dimples on the front & top black pieces smooth.
Andrewenginecover1-1.jpg
Andrewenginecover2-1.jpg

DSC00104.jpg
DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg