Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Airhammer Intake

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yeh got it from the site. Just waiting for it to arrive. I will be putting manifold insulators in at the sane time as the intake.

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
kool. where did you get the manifold insulators from/what brand?

yea i know troy, it's more just of a hobby thing. I had a crap 99 lancer gli for years and now that i've got something a bit better, I'd like to throw a few mods in and work on it myself a bit.

:)

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
I would call it a mod for economy..... not performance, but I expect it will do both. I don't think that the performance "hit" will give you any trouble from the cops, but we have one here (at least), perhaps he can let us know what they think.

Anyway, I am still unsure if I will get an airhammer or not, I think it will be worth it for the cooler running and better economy, but I'm not so sure it will make enough difference to make it worthwhile.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
trust me mate, a few times ive put the stock one back on, and you can feel how restrictive the old intake really is, throttle response and fuel economy is so much better. And she pulls harder.

raging

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L
kool, i'll probably grab mine next pay check.

tommo did you manage to get yours installed?

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
If you car is a true daily driver these filters get very dirty i drove 15ks each way to work during the week and just casual driving weekends and i was cleaning the filter every 3-4 weeks.

This is because they sit so low in the engine bay they pick up some dirt.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
go twin throttle bodys mate

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Yeah wont work plus the manifold would have to be modified a tone to fit. only way to do it is mount them side by side and continue the rod that holds the valve in place into the second throttle body and run it basicaly as a slave