Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All ok in New Zealand?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I bloody hope that nothing will occur when we are there, not just for us, but for you Kiwis.

When we first got to Christchurch at the start of our trip, we took a tour in an old Model A Ford around the city. The driver (Jack, who now runs a tour of Akaroa) was so proud that the September earthquake damage had been demolished or repaired, and although there was some buildings still cordoned off, a casual observer would not have known what happened. Kiwis just getting on with it.
Newcastle had an earthquake in 1989, and it has taken nearly 30 friggin years to get over it ……. red tape, heritage orders, NIMBYs and developers ‘warehousing’ derelict buildings combined with procrastination and lethargy.

And Kiwis seem to know more about Oz than we know about NZ. About the same time in 2011 Brisbane had been inundated by a flood, and we were being asked by people we met on the trip about how bad it had been.
Now, our bushfires and dust storms are turning your glaciers pink, and the South Island is being smashed by floods and storms. Doesn’t rate a mention on our TV news.
The White Island eruption rates a mention as there have been people killed, including Aussies.

“God defend New Zealand.”

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
He is referring to this

When I heard about the volcano errupting, I immediately thought about this post....It made me feel like a jinx.

I feel sorry for everyone that was there and the families of those effected..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think people forget that it's an active volcano that occasionally does just that (erupt that is).

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
No disrespect intended to any new zealanders but what price does the govt give tourism's worth compared to human lives.

No one should be near that island let allow innocent sightseers walk to the edge of a active volcano and dressed in summer clothing without protective suits and breathing apparatus for chemical gases. Look at the overkill they do just when there is any small chemical leak in suburbia.

Our thoughts n best wishes goes out to all those affected.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Don't worry, NZ Police/Work Safe are already working on apportioning blame.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Coz it always has to be someone's fault.....can't blame the planet and its natural occurences.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Coz it always has to be someone's fault.....can't blame the planet and its natural occurences.
Unless some dopey woman doesn't hold her door on a windy day at the servo. Then my dented car door is nature's fault and her insurance won't fix it.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I heard on the news, 2 brothers own the island...They also agreed that no one should visit...It was also mentioned that there was advise issued that a pending erruption may occur.

Is there any truth to the rumour, that locals have it drummed into there heads, do not visit that island?