Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec 170 vs Alloytec 190?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
bang for buck, xr6t > SS. You should get a faster car man :D

"Short of FI" uh what? why? The 6 is short of 2 cyclinders so why not :)

Point is, not everyone wants to go down the same tried road as the Holden 8. Especially when they get their asses handed to em :D
Where did I ever mention anything about fuel economy?
I've seen many LS1 powered cars getting excellent economy/power ratio's. Spending thousands of dollars and getting double digit power gains is not good value.

Good value? I'd say awesome fuel economy, being happy with my ride and doing something abit different is good value. I don't need to beat a HSV E3 down the quarter mile in an NA V6 to feel any sort of achievment.

As I said before. Feel free to think that way, I'm not stopping you :)

What ARE you smoking?
Bang for buck a BA XR6-t and a VY SS, or any LS1 powered car is going to be about the same. I went and drove numerous vehicles before I bought my SS and the only reason I went with the SS is because I proffered the torque the V8 makes. (Don't bother quoting figures, they feel totally different to drive.)

The reason I say short of going FI is because FI is the only way you're going to get value for money. I fail to see how that's a hard concept to grasp.
Once again, you have no argument.

Why modify a v8? Y not buy a v10? Same thing really

Go back to eating your text books...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Same can be said with V8's. Bang for buck a supercharger is one of the best mods. Whats your point? Bang for buck FI on any engine will most likely be bang for buck. You are going around in circles and thus have no argument.

And sorry, a generic flashtune on ANY turbo powered falcon will yield massive results compared to a mafless tune on a LSx car. They cost significantly less ($500 or so) and doesn't require modding the air intake. The turbo fords have been beating holden for quite along time.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I do not agree with your little piss fit you guys are having but here is my 2 cents...

In the Argument of a FI V6 vs a NA V8
The FI V6 will beat or be equal to the V8 but the thing is that as far as I'm concerned the V6 has almost reached its complete potential where as chuck a supercharger or a big cam in the V8 and now your beating the V6 because the V8 still has more potential. Chuck a turbo on a V8 and you have another story again for instance check out Blown Ve's 620rwkw Twin Turbo.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Well thats just obvious. But I'm not arguing a full race setup V6 vs V8. Whats being argued here is "it's pointless to mod a V6 period" in which I disagree. The gains on NA might be smaller compared to a V8 or xr6t, but thats pretty obvious. Comes down to what you want out of your car and how much money you to spend on it. I think it's great there is a small bunch of car enthusiasts modding their V6's.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Exactly, you can go and buy a V8 Holden or a V6 Holden.

Everything you do to the V6 can be done to the V8 with better results for basically the same money (cheaper in many cases).
If you want performance, buy the performance variant and go from there.

Kuzman, you're a clown with clearly no idea what you're talking about. So I'm not going to bother conversing with you. Frankly CSP makes more sense when he's dribbling **** then you ever do.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Defeated so easily you have to resort to name calling? Very mature Soop.

So why haven't you bought a ford turbo yet? Bang for buck they dominate the LSx cars. For much cheaper in many cases too :)

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Defeated so easily you have to resort to name calling? Very mature Soop.

So why haven't you bought a ford turbo yet? Bang for buck they dominate the LSx cars. For much cheaper in many cases too :)

Funny you say this considering all you do is resort to coninuely bombarding him with claims that he is wasting his money with Holden and that he should buy a ford...
Now how about you 2 stop with your piss fit and let other help the OP

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Funny you say this considering all you do is resort to coninuely bombarding him with claims that he is wasting his money with Holden and that he should buy a ford...
Now how about you 2 stop with your piss fit and let other help the OP

I'm just showing his inconsistency. he keeps harping on about "bang for buck" yet bought a V8 over the xr6t. Which as we all know has better "bang for buck".

I'm trying to help the OP. Yet to hear back on these questions

MACE sure can!! :D

OP, is yours SIDI or what?

Assuming yours isn't the highoutput engine. It's either the 180kw or the 190kw. The 190kw has more power, but less torque. Can you check?

Anyway, airhammer CAI, pacemaker headers and SV6 exhaust should see it have abit more poke :)

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Soop, you own an SS, it gets destroyed by the xr6t, even CSP would agree. bang for the buck ford has it in the bag with the I6 turbo and now the supercharged coyote (miami).
Might as well just sell your POS and buy a fast car eyyy :)

My SV6 is modified. The grin on my face every time I drive it warrants the $$ I've spent. If you don't like it I really couldn't care. A modified NA 6 is abit different to a boring old pushrod V8. Many have been there, done that. Might be fun for you, and if it is. Well good for you. :)

Man nothing wrong with a pushrod v8 lol, i went from a v6 to boring v8 and i will never go back to the 6

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Man nothing wrong with a pushrod v8 lol, i went from a v6 to boring v8 and i will never go back to the 6

I know there isn't. As I said above. Just displaying his gross inconsistency.