Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytec 190 error code help!

fznx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CALAIS LS1
Hey everyone just wanted some help with codes, ive scanned my computer and it comes up with so. just wanted to know peoples experiences/fixes for these#p2008p0010p0020p0013p0023p0368p0393p0031p0051p0088cars running pretty much normal apart from chewing up abit more fuel then normal, no wierd noises or grinds. im assuming its just sensors gone but could it need a replacement computer as there are heaps of fault codes comming up? got me puzzled. thanks everyone

fznx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CALAIS LS1
The car its self feels smooth, there is no jerking, clunks or misses, my rpm caps its self at 4grand but I think that may be a protection mode, I downloaded the pdf and had a look. Are the cam sensors the plugs up top? Ive got 2 sets of plugs on the one side :/ is that normal? Cheers

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Hmm, a bit of an odd one there. I agree it does seem a little odd that you'd have all 4 cam sensors die at the same time. Yeah, there are 2 on each bank - one for the intake and one for the exhaust on each bank. They are variable cams (could be both or just intake depending on which engine - guessing the engines with only variable intake cams would only have one sensor on each bank), so that would play with fuel use and possibly the O2 sensors if it can't adjust the cam timing properly.

Not sure how much they cost, but I'd just buy one and swap that. Check the codes again and see if some of them go away. Or if you've got a mate with the same engine, swap one from their car. I don't know if different VE V6 engines use the same sensors or not. Might do.

And before changing the ECU, try cleaning the connectors with some electrical contact cleaner. It's cheap and worked for me with a completely different error code. Well that's what I'd do anyway.

fznx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CALAIS LS1
thanks for the reply mate, ill try some cleaner during the week, is the main ecu the one in the engine bay with the 2 connectors? and also wouldnt have an idea where the inlet manifold runner control is? i took off my manifold the other day and gave it a cleanout and couldnt find it. although im not 100% sure what im looking for haha cheers

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
No worries, I'll try to give help where I can. Anyway, yeah that's the one under the fuse box with the 2 big connectors with the levers to lock them in. As for the inlet manifold runner, it's on the back apparently (no I haven't seen mine that I know of either). The manual for the Pontiac G8 (pretty much identical), says the following:

Intake Manifold Runner Control Solenoid Replacement

Removal Procedure

Note: DO NOT separate the upper intake manifold from the lower intake manifold.

1. Remove the upper intake manifold with the lower intake manifold. Refer to Lower Intake
Manifold Replacement.
2. Remove the intake manifold runner control solenoid to intake manifold retaining bolts (2)
from the intake manifold runner control solenoid (1).
3. Remove the intake manifold runner control solenoid (1) from the manifold.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the intake manifold runner control solenoid (1) to the manifold.
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution in the Preface section.
2. Install the intake manifold runner control solenoid to manifold retaining bolts (2) to intake
manifold runner control solenoid and tighten to 10 N·m (89 lb in).
3. Install the upper intake manifold. Refer to Lower Intake Manifold Replacement.