Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec and SIDI Cam Development

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
Sweet. And now that I read a post about the daily driver slash speedway cam set up. I'm curious if its good for daily driver car hahah sorry Im only new to cams all I know is they give bit of mad chunky gargle and boost up ur kw and torque haha.
Milder cam, with a duration of around [email protected]", so it should come on at around 2500-3000RPM to the factory rev limit. In saying this though have masters to grind these cams up [email protected] for say something like speedway (not a recommended as a daily driver unless the motor was build to rev!)

That would be the total amount for the cams, therefore any deposit given would go towards the $1100.

Obvious, but I'll make it clear, if we're not successful with these cams for the 3.0L then we'll refund you your bond money simple.

MACE

Reaction score
Sweet. And now that I read a post about the daily driver slash speedway cam set up. I'm curious if its good for daily driver car hahah sorry Im only new to cams all I know is they give bit of mad chunky gargle and boost up ur kw and torque haha.

Given you have the 3.0L version I wouldn't go any larger then the [email protected]" item to be honest and definitely not the speedway grind, unless you're planning on entering your car in speedway :p

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
So 1100 is for the 3.6 set up to? Is there a cam in between the two you have mentioned

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha nah no speedway for that **** engine haha . yeah only street/daily driving haha , and sweet cant wait till i pay off the car dammit
Given you have the 3.0L version I wouldn't go any larger then the [email protected]" item to be honest and definitely not the speedway grind, unless you're planning on entering your car in speedway :p

MACE

Reaction score
So 1100 is for the 3.6 set up to? Is there a cam in between the two you have mentioned
There likely will be

haha nah no speedway for that **** engine haha . yeah only street/daily driving haha , and sweet cant wait till i pay off the car dammit
Funny you say that, as part of the reason we're developing these engines is for that reason (speedway) :)

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
wait so r you saying the cams wont be no good for daily driving?
There likely will be

Funny you say that, as part of the reason we're developing these engines is for that reason (speedway) :)

STATE6

////ONE NATION\\\\
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Camaro RS
Milder cam, with a duration of around [email protected]", so it should come on at around 2500-3000RPM to the factory rev limit. In saying this though have masters to grind these cams up [email protected] for say something like speedway (not a recommended as a daily driver unless the motor was build to rev!)

That would be the total amount for the cams, therefore any deposit given would go towards the $1100.

Obvious, but I'll make it clear, if we're not successful with these cams for the 3.0L then we'll refund you your bond money simple.

I know with cams, supporting mods can make a huge impact on how much power we can gain, but is there an average or advertised horsepower gain you guys are shooting for each level of grind?

Also, is this going to be comp or crower?

Can't wait for this!

MACE

Reaction score
"I know with cams, supporting mods can make a huge impact on how much power we can gain but is there an average or advertised horsepower gain you guys are shooting for each level of grind?"
No sure at the moment. The only real reference we have are figures from the earlier V6's and some computer simulations. Neither of which I can treat as being gospel.

"Also, is this going to be comp or crower?"
Neither :p