Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec pcv

Bok

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz one tonner
You were right 2 holes, I used a crows foot lever, to remove the pcv, it came out easy,
did the recommended mod, ie drilled out the existing holes, gave the pcv a good clean and blow out,
now the problem is trying to get the engine to run,
bypass the start solenoid crank crank, almost starts, but won't keep running, then I have to charge the batteries, using 2 batteries, I think it's flooding , can smell fuel when I walk behind car,
it's the second time I've had this problem, both times its when I had the intake plenum and manifold off, I got the car to start first time , but it won't start this time, it's driving me nuts,
anybody else had this problem ?, and if so how did you get the car to run,

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Here where we start a new thread for your issue instead of taking this off topic.

Vinterisen Rose

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden Advetra SX6
Next Question Gentlemen is... Where on planet earth can I source the elusive PCV for a 2005 VZ Holden Adventra sx6?
I have searched high and low and cannot source this part anywhere in NZ or OZ. Any help or direction finding this part would be super appreciated.
Next Question- Does the oil catch can completely do away with the factory PCV valve?
Thanks lads, Cheers for this thread, very informative.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The PCV you seek isn’t likely to be listed under what you have. Adventra things.

It is the same on almost all Alloytec motors bar the most recent.
This thread has links to where people have sourced them but for what is worth, the whole job takes so little time, why would you buy one?

The oil catch can needs the PCV to work.

Vinterisen Rose

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden Advetra SX6
The PCV you seek isn’t likely to be listed under what you have. Adventra things.

It is the same on almost all Alloytec motors bar the most recent.
This thread has links to where people have sourced them but for what is worth, the whole job takes so little time, why would you buy one?

The oil catch can needs the PCV to work.
Thanks kindly for your reply on this part, tis much appreciated, thanks for the link too ill check it out asap. Is it possible to just remove the PCV, clean and re-install? I had a look at mine removed the clip with no breakage, its as dirty as hell, Im not sure if its ever been replaced or cleaned, I didn't have the tools or the gumption to have a crack at removing the valve for fear of novice breakage.
Is the PCV valve universal with all V6 alloy-tech motors and not necessarily specific to the series?
Once again thanks kindly for your reply, tis much appreciated. cheers.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. It is easy to remove. This thread is all about how to do it.
I did a walkthrough on page one and then there’s 8 pages of discussion on pulling out an inanimate object from the valve cover.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)