Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alloytec powerup guide

skarekrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute M6
Alrighty, direct from my invoice- here are the prices:
Stainless steel tip twin D shape: $81.18
Sports front muffler VZ $180.50
Sports muffler rear VT-VY (obviously also VZ) $109.68
Clamp 2.5/8" OD/67mm (clamps the 2 parts together, was intrigued if this was normal?) $2.59
2 Gaskets for commodore VL-VR/Skyline $3.02 each= $6.04 (i'm assuming to fit between the exhaust and each cat)
Price for fitting $59.60
Total including GST of $43.96=$483.55
That was including a 5% discount for being a member of RACQ - although they didn't request to see my membership card so you could possibly just say you are a member and get a discount anyway.... and all with a 2 year warranty as well. Nice.

Last edited:

fullaaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ
thanks for that, i'll do a bit more looking around today the lunchbreak for some quotes. Nearest lukey dealer was carline gladesville. not sure what the pricing will be like but if its anything over $600 supp/fitt then i think its better off doing myself. what you rekon.

thanks again

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
just tell you have a price quoted from ................ exhaust shop @ $540 or somthing like that - get them to pricematch or beat the price

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom Hilux with a V6 Ecotec
Hay impulsesv6, what type of extractors did you use, did you use the original cats, what diameter are the collectors, All the Extractors I have access to for the Alloytec are those small mini extractors that bolt up to the standard cats

I used a set of HM Headers full lenth performance extracters with 2.5" collectors but they dont sell them anymore, I installed a set of the smaller ones and they sound pretty **** compared to mine easy to fit tho. With mine I had to remove the alternater and the PS Rack from my ute in order to install them. HM Headers must of had to many problems and stopped selling the full blown extractors, I had to weld 2.5" Hi flow cats in as well, the mini ones are like 1hr to 2hrs fitting but mine took me all day

Last edited:

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
i have pacemaker extractors (link and pt# is in the 1st post, 21/2" collector, 21/2" highflow cats.

i had mine installed cos the car only had 6000ks at that stage and wasnt sure fiddling with it myself,lol

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
If there anything like my extracters think yourself lucky you didnt try to fit them up, I never want to do it again, 5hrs and 1 broken air ratchet l8r lol

The little mini extracters are real easy, anyone can fit those up, there still good, but all you need with those is a twin 2" system, they still sound heaps better than stock and easy to remove if you have to do a warranty claim

Does your single system have any crackle on down throttle and any weird harmonics at certain rev ranges, I had to use a twin with 3 mufflers to stop that horrible crackle

Had no luck with single systems on these alloytecs, they really like a twin, I will have to take some pics and some recordings of my twin system, I know you guys will like it

I get my ute back today, cant wait, just had some SS guards with vents fitted up woo hoo,

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry about the double post

Are your extractors these ones: PH 5069

As there 2 and a quarter inch, there the little mini extracters, they dont seem to do the full lenth 2.5 inch jobbys either, maybe they stopped doin them like HM Headers

fullaaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ
hey guys,
cheapest i can find in sydney is 520 for the lukey system supplied n fitted.
they did however say they had a Berklee PEX system (what the?) they could do for around $480 sup/fit. anyone heard of these? they have both in stock for the VZ so its just a matter of making up my mind. feedback much appreciated.
cheers

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
for the extra $40 id go the lukey for sure,
although berklee sounds familiar i cant say offhand if they are any good.

skarekrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute M6
I'd also pick the lukey over the PEX system. $520 sounds alright to me. Keep in mind that i got a bit of a discount with RACQ membership of of about $30. Not a lot, but it all adds up in the end. Does that price include a tip as well? If so i'd say do it.