Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

An Open Letter to Greta Thunberg

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I
I tried to keep JMP on point but he kept shifting the goal posts. First it was a dig about her "credibility" (on anything at all) but mostly about...ie; her credibility on the subject of anthropogenic climate change and environmental pollution.
Then it became ...'her comments were "insensitive" and irresponsible regarding covid-19, simply because she is not a medical professional.
His original comment was a sly backhander in a Greta bashing thread.

Forget the "if" she said it part.....I proved JMP's comments were nothing more than an opportunistic moment to take a swipe at her.
His bias against her is hidden in plain view, it's in the last part of his original post.

Not sure how I kept changing the goal posts as I kept to my original argument that is if that is what she said then she should have no credibility whatsoever but you kept trying to make it something it wasn't, to make it clear for you one last time it was an insensitive comment put out by her if she did say it and thus I don't believe she has any credibility because from my point of view it was a cheap attempt to gain publicity. You disagree, good on you I have no problem with that as you are entitled to your view as am I. The asking if she is a medical expert was more along the lines of diagnosing herself and not getting her thoughts or beliefs confirmed by a qualified expert in that field and something perhaps I should have been clearer on because for some strange reason people seem to hang on every word others say so when they disagree with it they think they have to try to uncover some BS that that is hidden in there.

You refuse to believe that I can have my opinion on anyone else other than her and for whatever reason keep trying to make it me being personal against her, I have said it before I don't dislike the girl but I dislike those that are pulling her strings, you can choose to believe that or not I don't care. Lastly I have no idea why you still want to cling to view it was an opportunistic swipe at her, this is a thread about her and I made a comment about my view, I don't care for how she conducts herself and I don't hide from that but as I keep saying I hold the same view towards her comments (if she did say it) no matter if it came from her or someone else, it is insensitive. Keep trying to call out whatever BS you think even though you don't have the slightest idea of who I am or how I work, you seem to think you know people inside out.

Go your hardest to go through all my previous comments and turn them into something you want to try to back up a view you have on me, you seem to like trying that. Personally I don't care, go your hardest if it is something that gives you joy, I actually find it extremely amusing when people carry on like that especially when they don't have the slightest clue about me yet seem to think they know me inside out.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i don't know why people have such an issue with Greta, all she's doing is repeating the things that scientists are saying.

do you also disagree with the science?

She's doing it because we humanity are being willfully ignorant of the very real plight of the planet.

People need to wake up, and all she's done is join the deafening chorus.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have always believed that you should play the ball not the person. If you disagree with what Greta says that's fair enough, we are allowed to have differing opinions but attacking her as a person achieves nothing.
The real thing that sways me is that I can't see how we can keep polluting the atmosphere and not suffer some of the consequences.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
I have always believed that you should play the ball not the person. If you disagree with what Greta says that's fair enough, we are allowed to have differing opinions but attacking her as a person achieves nothing.
The real thing that sways me is that I can't see how we can keep polluting the atmosphere and not suffer some of the consequences.

..............states while driving two V8's................

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Can only drive one at a time. (Thus proving 2 into 1 will go. :confused: )

i've seen those movies also, sometimes three goes into one:eek:

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
However, you also must acknowledge the dynamics are very different between forum chats and in person conversations.

While people hope that is the case, it simply isn't.
There are any number of threads on here to follow the same dynamic as face to face conversation. Even this one. :rolleyes:

The dynamics are different.
In person conversations happen in real time, there is instant feedback, verbal language tone, body language, eye contact, facial expressions...these are very important social ques and nuances that are not perceptible on internet forums..people respond and react differently in here than they would in person.
On an internet forum there is none of that.
I know this, because I've observed it in action in 'both worlds'

You can post a comment or reply, and may have to wait for who knows how long for a response.
People can take their time to respond, days maybe, or not respond at all.

Also, people say stuff in here they would never say in person, or would never have the balls to say in person.
Chatting in here is anonymous and detached, in person, it is a totally different energy dynamic.
When you actually meet a person in real life, face to face, there's a whole bunch of extra information the brain is taking in subconsciously and consciously.

Last edited:

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
i don't know why people have such an issue with Greta, all she's doing is repeating the things that scientists are saying.

do you also disagree with the science?

She's doing it because we humanity are being willfully ignorant of the very real plight of the planet.

People need to wake up, and all she's done is join the deafening chorus.

How do we know that science is correct? It hasn't always been 100% accurate on things in the past and there is no real way for the average joe to verify their claims.
How do we know that these scientists aren't biased or have their own agenda to push?

There are scientists with opposing views, why are their views always conveniently brushed aside?

As for Greta, I dislike her because she knows nothing yet puts her views across and tries to lecture people in a extremely condescending and arrogant manner.
She is simply parroting the wacky extreme left ideologies she has been brainwashed with and using her status to influence and brainwash people of her generation with this tripe.

Look, I am all for a cleaner planet, but it needs to be done in a sensible and logical manner, not the extreme measures that these nutcases are pushing.

For instance, Greta claims that we should be aiming not for zero net emissions, but zero emissions entirely. Can anyone see what an incredibly ridiculous and irrational statement this is? How on earth does she propose to achieve this? It is simply impossible to have 7 billion humans inhabiting earth yet creating zero emissions.

People need to wake up and see her for what she really is - a puppet of the extreme left with an agenda to push.

And remember, climate change is just a convenient facade that these people hide behind. They have a hidden agenda - and that is to bring down capitalism.

As I said earlier, if there is anything positive to come out of the covid19 crisis its that it has thrust Greta and her ilk right out of the spotlight.
She has now faded away into irrelevance where she belongs.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
How do we know that science is correct? It hasn't always been 100% accurate on things in the past and there is no real way for the average joe to verify their claims.
How do we know that these scientists aren't biased or have their own agenda to push?

There are scientists with opposing views, why are their views always conveniently brushed aside?

#alternatefacts?

when you say "brushed aside" do you mean, proven to be stooges or completely wrong?

scientific consensus means something, if you don't understand the term do the research.