Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

An Open Letter to Greta Thunberg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... The political and media fear mongering and all the mixed messages from 'those in positions of authority' about this covid-19 will probably cause more illness and problems than the actual virus
To be honest, politicians couldn't organise a head job in a brother if the Ruby princess is any demonstration of their abilities :p
Here's some info on the "seasonal influenza'.....for comparison...an annual event, globally, rotating with the seasonal shift of the hemispheres.

Illnesses range from mild to severe and even death. Hospitalization and death occur mainly among high risk groups. Worldwide, these annual epidemics are estimated to result in about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, and about 290 000 to 650 000 respiratory deaths

.....remember this is an annual occurrence
In Australia, influenza on average causes 1,500 to 3,000 deaths, about 18,000 hospitalisations and 300,000 GP consultations each year. And that's with about 1/2 the at risk groups being immunised. By all accounts, it would be a little worse without immunisation.

Now, the best data available is from South Korea and it seems to indicate that COVID19 is about 10 times worse than the flu...
5e6a7b2584159f1962421227

Do you think about or care for all those who lost loved ones from the seasonal flu? Every year?
A bunch of people dying from one disease doesn't diminish the potential importance of reducing deaths from another disease so it's not an issue of caring. The real kicker is we don't yet know whether this will be a seasonal concern or whether once infected, the CORVID19 survivors have a lifetime immunity? But meh...

In any case, this whole thread is to bag Greta Tunburg so regardless of the fact most accept we are free to express our feeling, when she does it one and all jump on her back... seems science just doesn't play a part in countering a global warming argument and so people are personally attacked... Odd but not so odd o_O:rolleyes:

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I didn't start the "caring" rhetoric, JMP did when he said Greta's comments were 'insensitive'.
It's a BS comment and totally inaccurate in my view....it was said purely to shift positions and BS his way through a discussion.
I literally threw the evidence to back myself up in his face and he still tried to shift the goal posts.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn't start the "caring" rhetoric, JPM did when he said Greta's comments were 'insensitive'.
It's a BS comment and totally inaccurate in my view....it was said purely to shift positions and BS his way through a discussion.
I literally threw the evidence to back myself up in his face and he still tried to shift the goal posts.
Yeah, i know you were replyling to JPM which is why i said this is a Greta bagging thread...

You do seem to think covid19 is just another flu, if i'm not mistaken, which is why i added some info to balance those views.... but covid19 well that's another thread ;)

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Yeah, i know you were replyling to JPM which is why i said this is a Greta bagging thread...

You do seem to think covid19 is just another flu, if i'm not mistaken, which is why i added some info to balance those views.... but covid19 well that's another thread ;)
Yes you are mistaken.
I don't believe covid-19 is just another flu.

It seems, Mr Sherlock, that you deduced this incorrect assumption simply because I provided some comparison info on global seasonal flu and covid-19.
Without properly reading the entire recent chin wag.

I really need that little emoji where the dude is banging his head on a brick wall.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
If peeps are gonna quote and reply about other's discussions, FFS please keep the replies IN CONTEXT.

These fricken threads always end up like a dogs breakfast

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I'm on edge, honestly, because right now it seems the entire human population who are connected to the matrix are on edge.

I think our world leaders have been, and are continuing to do, an appalling job of running this world.
*In every respect*
In this regard, I'm totally with Greta, because I also feel her passion that something is very wrong with human society and its actually getting worse as technology advances.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
^^^ 2nd paragraph is spot on.

I'll call one exception though, our NZ PM. Brilliant in the face of adversity.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Again Nitro you accuse me of absolute rubbish and try to turn things on me, I made a simple comment about IF that's what she said then it shows how she should have no credibility whatsoever. Somehow we are where we are now as you keep harping on about me making it personal against her even though I keep telling you I take that attitude of her comment exactly the same as if anyone else would say it yet you look past that, the comment is also insensitive if you have a look at things in perspective. People are dying, suffering, losing loved ones, losing jobs, losing freedom, suffering from mental health issues etc etc you know what's going on at the moment and it's a lot more than just the sickness side of it, here someone comes on and says they are extremely likely to have had this stupid thing even though she they had not been tested, to me that is insensitive as it comes across as someone just trying to grab some publicity (she may not be but to some it does come across that way), there was no need for it. I may be wrong but even if I am what she said does absolutely nothing to help the current situation other than upset some that are affected by this crazy stuff at the moment, to me that is the definition of insensitive. You can try to paint me in what ever picture you want to and in reality I don't care, you have never met me or spoken to me yet you think you know how I work? You wanted to change the topic and point out other facts where as again my original point was the comment by her was insensitive and still is whether it came from her or someone else no matter what other facts you want to throw at me. Have a look at things again from another point of view for once, you went there at me not me at you.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
These fricken threads always end up like a dogs breakfast

Internet threads are no different to face to face coversations in respect to meandering and ending up at a very different place from they started.

Next time you have a face to face conversation with someone (always respecting social distancing), step back afterwards and have a look at the ground that was covered. It can be quite interesting to reflect on it and how the conversation found its way to the end point.