Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying parking dent prevention??

LAY_2036

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vs clubsport
Hi all, could anyone help with ideas to prevent having car side dented by careless idiots that park too close and smash there car door into yours, anything on Ebay any good suggestions for protector strip or something that could protect panels ??

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Park far away and walk. Walking is good for you.
My VE is coming up to eight years old and there is not a single mark or even a tiny dent on the body.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
As above ..its what I do,still doesn't guarantee no damage but better than being in with the motorized shopping trollies..only other thing is to get a disable permit :) the park bays tend to be a lot wider allow a small buffer from muppets that touch park

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
my wife and children hate me parking in what I call "premium parking spots", those that are at the other end of the carpark with no on around, single spots in-between concrete pillars, or those which are parallel parks in between concrete pillars.
I've pleaded with my wife to park in these spots when she is alone, and once I actually saw our car at the carpark and she had followed my advice, what a good girl!

It does make a difference to how well the car will age. Also, avoid parking close to where school kids will walk past with their school bags.
I pull out of the garage and I place the school bags into the boot myself. Even well trained children don't seem to "get it" when it comes to cars and scratches.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As suggested, park as far away as possible.....That being said, I had my freshly painted car on the road for a whole week.....Went to a shopping centre and parked well away from everyone....Nearest car was 10 bays away.....I come out of the shop and here's a car right beside mine and a nice fresh paint chip in the door...I won't say what I did to the offending car as a thank you

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
I just stopped caring, it's quite liberating. I even let the mother-in-law drive it. I did pull a dent out of the left rear quarter panel one day (wife had parked it against a pole so hard it looked like drift damage) and the kids got quite upset, so I said they could have it there for 3 more days and pushed it back in again. Then they wanted me to put a matching one in the other side, but I couldn't because that's where the petrol filler is.

Then again, ours is just a beater VS, so your results may vary.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Have you ever seen the people coming back with a bag or box of shopping and dumping it onto the boot while they get their keys out to open up the doors and dump it all onto the seats.

Only bums go on my seats. Bags, shopping and anything else into the boot thanks.
Yes, I'm anal and proud of it. All my cars are immaculate.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I only part next to cars that won't move before I come back.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I only part next to cars that won't move before I come back.

Love to find the secret to picking the right cars.....Then again, you seem like the same type of person I strike constantly in car parks....I park miles away from everyone and when I come out, there is a car right next to mine, with empty spaces as far as the eye can see either side.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Yes, why do they do that? I think they seek my cars out just to annoy.