Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying **** with VF

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
First post here. Recently traded my G6E Turbo for the SS Sportwagon.

1. Internal light doesnt come on when I open the door, & Im stuffed if I can find an option to allow it.
2. No light around the ignition (lucky Im good at finding holes in the dark)
3. Ipod isnt compatible with the Mylink system - just keeps indexing every time I turn the unit on.
4. Experiencing the heating issues listed above.
5. The vents allow smoke/fumes etc into the cab whether you use re-circ or not.
Try pressing button above rear view mirror and see if you get your interior light. Try also adjusting dash brightness. My interior lights on doors werent working after software update. Adjusted brightness just a tad and everything came good. Worth a shot.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Try pressing button above rear view mirror and see if you get your interior light. Try also adjusting dash brightness. My interior lights on doors werent working after software update. Adjusted brightness just a tad and everything came good. Worth a shot.

Cheers mate. Happy to try anything. The lights work, but they just dont come on when I open the doors. are you saying to turn them on & leave them on, or it a double tap sort of thing?
Does anybody with a 2014 SS Sportwagon's internal lights come on when they open their doors?

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
There are two switches above the rear view mirror. One of them turns the interior (dome) lamps on and off. The other switch turns door activation on and off. Note that when door activation is on, the lamps operate automatically only when it is dark.

Wh4l3s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8
There are two switches above the rear view mirror. One of them turns the interior (dome) lamps on and off. The other switch turns door activation on and off. Note that when door activation is on, the lamps operate automatically only when it is dark.

This is correct for turning on the internal lights. regarding lights in the door handles and above cigarette lighter (near gearstick) on the lowest setting this turns off so just needs to be adjusted

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Does anybody with a 2014 SS Sportwagon's internal lights come on when they open their doors?
*raises hand*
My wife complained the weekend after we got it that it didn't have interior lights ... it was then that I remembered I'd turned them off with the switch near the rear-vision mirror (ie. ahead of the sunnies holder) ... which I'd done because it wouldn't turn off ... which it wasn't doing 'cos I'd left one of the rear doors ajar & didn't know what all the warning bongs meant yet so didn't know the door was ajar. :)

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon

Yeah same here mate, what Forg said. We've got a brand new SV6 wagon and i had a similar issue. Was just that we needed to press the button again to put it on the door setting, the one button will have a couple of settings and u don't know which one its on without testing to see if the light comes on or not. With an old car there was just a switch and you put it on "door" and you're good to go... not as simple these days haha. But yeah basically i think it'll just be a case of pressing the button again.

H4Z4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6 Sedan
On the VE series 2 I used to be able to dim all the lighting apart from the instrument cluster, was very useful on long night drives, cannot figure out how to do it in the VF, my dealer has no clue.

EDIT - Worked out if you use voice control & say "display off" it turns LCD screen black. Useful as I'm starting a drive to Melbourne from Sydney tomorrow morning at 3am..

Last edited:

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The low fuel warning alert.
You have to clear it from the screen and also from the DTE readout via the indicator stalk.
Why wouldn't acknowledging one clear both????

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
On the VE series 2 I used to be able to dim all the lighting apart from the instrument cluster, was very useful on long night drives, cannot figure out how to do it in the VF, my dealer has no clue.

EDIT - Worked out if you use voice control & say "display off" it turns LCD screen black. Useful as I'm starting a drive to Melbourne from Sydney tomorrow morning at 3am..

mate that has driven me batty for almost the last 2 years trying to workout how the vf did that :O
i used it all the time in my ve, thankyou for that it was doing my head in :)

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
There is also a setting in mylink that turns display off