Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Exhaust Thread

Mr VF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Hi everyone,

I have a VF2 SSV Redline manual. I’m researching different header / exhaust options. I’ve spoken to a few exhaust shops on the Gold Coast and they just want to sell me an xforce package. I’ll eventually put a camshaft in the car.

I feel like there is a difference between note and noise. I’m after a deep sounding note but not overly loud (if that makes sense). I’d like to maintain the factory bimodal function and I want the whole system in stainless. And I don’t want drone!

I do like the sound of the DPE system but I saw one recently and wasn’t overly impressed with the quality.
Hurricane and manta exhausts look good quality but they have more of a bark to me. Xforce sounds very raspy to me. The pacemaker headers and exhaust look very good quality but loud. (And please note, I’m not knocking anyone’s exhaust… just personal preference).

So I’m thinking I might need to go custom. What makes the DPE sound more ‘deep’? Is it the long centre hotdogs or the rear mufflers?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Manta have taken over DPE now.
I have had 3 DPE systems on cars now and have never had an issue with any of them.
I currently have Pacemakers and the Difilippo cat back and am very happy with it.

Mr VF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Manta have taken over DPE now.
I have had 3 DPE systems on cars now and have never had an issue with any of them.
I currently have Pacemakers and the Difilippo cat back and am very happy with it.

thanks for info…
Do you have 2.5 or 3inch? Any drone?
Did you have to get the cats custom ma to fit?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
being a manual you should have less drone anyway.

i was originally going to put the harrop exhaust on mine, but tuner talked me out of it. not sure if i regret that or not.

i have the full 3" hurricane with 1 3/4 headers, i dont find it barky, it can be a bit droney though (auto). i dont think its overly loud.
if i was to do it over again id probably saved some money and gone the xforce system that bolts up to factory mufflers.

had the older style 3" kpm system (pre streetfighter) with the pacey headers in my VE.
it was much louder. it gave me quite the headache after a long drive.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
i was originally going to put the harrop exhaust on mine, but tuner talked me out of it. not sure if i regret that or not.
It’s interesting you say that, I called around the popular shops in nsw and many shops would be so pushy to not use systems that by popular opinion sound good.

I had shops steer me away from difillipo, harrop and manta, but recommended x force and hurricane.

I think it comes down to which supplier is easiest to deal with for them, so it’s very hard to decide on the sound you want by what the shop recommends.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
thanks for info…
Do you have 2.5 or 3inch? Any drone?
Did you have to get the cats custom ma to fit?
3” and it has no drone, there is a low rumble but not at all droney.
The exhaust guy did have to cut a small section out where it meets the cats and reweld the flanges to suit I believe, not a big deal.

DrewPeacock76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF II SSV Redline
Who would you guys recommend in south west sydney?
Was going to go with Sureflo at Ingleburn but after looking at some of their pics on their website, I'm not too impressed with the welding job