Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anti theft ideas wanted

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have tons of simple methods to stop them.....

Wire in a hidden kill switch from the low tension lead off the coil.
Remove the rotor button
Remove the engine fuse
One of my cars has FIVE hidden kill switches throughout the car. Inside and out. This is for when I leave it somewhere I don't trust over night. (Stumped me a few times as well)
A GREAT one is to use a relay and get a feed from the remote trigger wire on your CD Player. That way, the car won't start unless the stereo is turned on...stereo won't turn on if the face isn't attached ;)

have heaps more if wanted

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
just curious.... with the car alarms right... if i had mine set and i was going away for 2 weeks and some lil @$#@ tried to break into my car set it off and ran away..... how long until the alarm stops? does it?? would be quite annoying for those around if it didnt stop!!

im thinking i might make a row of maybe 4 switchs either side of my gear stick or something..... but the problem is what are the best wires to use?? like, i dont wont a wire that is to the fuel pump say... cause then some little kid is going to jump in my car so some nice shinny buttons and press them all =( Grr.....

maybe something to the starter motor?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
You know...the first thing I do when I climb into a customers car and it won't start and I see a row switches beside me? Flick them all and then start the car.

An alarm system will sound for 30 seconds before resetting itself.

I STRONGLY suggest going with my headunit idea if you don't want to fork out on an alarm system. It's VERY simple and will cost you the price of a relay. (about $6) If you are interested then let me know and I will post a HOW-TO for you.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Don't post a how to about alarms in public threads.

My old alarm never shut off. And the new one does 5 cycles of 1 minute I think.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Bextor. Bcause of the type of immobiliser it is. Posting in a forum is no dramas. The car will not start without the face of the that CD Player. It's the same as taking the keys. Infact, it becomes better then the key because of it's stealth factor.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
haha u could always take your steering wheel with you if you leave your car over night. mite stump a few dumb bunnies who try and get away :p

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Okay mate, was just making sure you didn't go posting do this and do that type items. If its something like the headunit idea I don't see any problem.

however if your posting what it is. And somebodys monitoring the forum, which would/ does happen. It's kind of a giveaway as to where to look.

ryan_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5-speed
hey would you be able to post a how-to for the detachable face idea?...as detailed as possible coz im likely to f..k up somewhere along the line. If not, private msg me.
Thanks

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Now, what the ****?! I posted a long arse how to...I swear I did...it was late (early) but I'm sure I hit the send! oh well....better start typing.

Secki, there are much better options then carminder as well.