Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
true thats not bad at all man do u have an 80L tank on it? ud b reapin the benifits if u do specially out ur way.

so i take it with an agressive tune mine would need 2 run on 95 also? ive been talkin 2 the tech at work he rekons he can make me up some piggy back eproms so i dont need 2 keep takin them out but his question was he wasnt sure on 4 each eprom 2 work, would u need 2 turn the car off each time? i dont see wat difference that would make tho?

No 80L for me :(.... I'd love one if there's one going cheap though! (real cheap :p)

yeah 95 is probably best but just speak to Jason about it, he'll talk you through anything. Add him on MSN, that's what I did :p

Sam

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
No 80L for me :(.... I'd love one if there's one going cheap though! (real cheap :p)

yeah 95 is probably best but just speak to Jason about it, he'll talk you through anything. Add him on MSN, that's what I did :p

Sam

yeah i already got him on there hes still a hard man 2 get his attention haha :p he rekons the piggy back ideas a waste and i wont need 2 swap eproms at all neways as the new tune he'll lean out the lean cruise a bit 4 me sounds similar 2 urs.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Well he's absolutely right :) Mine's good just cruising, nice and lean, runs the same on fuel as Dad's ecotec VT. 10L/100km in the hills, so not exactly smooth driving. The power map is very different, everything about 1/3 throttle is designed for max power production and response. You won't need 2 separate tunes because like Jason mentioned, different driving conditions invoke completely different parts of the map.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally had the chance 2 do my some more of my own LED work on the Calais, Since u cant take off the Green film on the back of these facias i ended up finding a guy that makes after market dials and fascias 4 the switch block buttons and the auto shifter allowing me 2 keep it lookin stock as (which is supprisingly very close) but allowing me 2 use any colour i wanted.

Image111.jpg

Image054-1.jpg

Image112.jpg
Image113.jpg

Heres the LED work excuse the poor quality the mobile doesnt take the best pics lol. The cluster isnt finished but thats basicly wat the out come will b i tried using those wedge type LEDs (5 LEDS) that some dude claims works coz hes developed them in some way (hes on some skyline forums n sells them on ebay 2) but they r just rubbish u can see where the LEDs r so that will b the next thing 2 work on, then the shifter is next.

Image110.jpg

Image108.jpg
Image106.jpg

Plzed with the results on the switch blocks b4 even wen they were light up Green u could still hardly see them now they stand out heaps and make the old car look newer than wat it really is.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
nice work with it man, switches look better than new :thumbsup:

Looks like the cluster is gonna take a lot of fiddling around to get right...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice work Ant, when I finally pick my next car I'm giving you some cash and you can do whatever you like with the lighting :)

Love it
Sam

thanx man im sure wat eva ur next car is i'll work it out :thumbsup:

nice work with it man, switches look better than new :thumbsup:

Looks like the cluster is gonna take a lot of fiddling around to get right...

Thanx bezz actually been workin on the cluster 2nite its pretty much the same principle as the VT cluster only thing theres a couple caps and somthing else (i have no idea wat lol) that just needs 2 b moved and re soldered back in from another location, then i have ample room 2 work with hey :thumbsup:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanx man the whole lot only cost $80 which included the auto shifter facia aswell thats not in pics yet so id imagine $50 would b the price 4 it not sure if goin different colours would changed the price tho.

Also just 2 add car finally went into the panel shop 2day 2 get fixed im gettin the roof resprayed and front and rear windscreens replaced with all new rubbers at the same time.