Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
:p
Love this car man its f***n awsome
wish i had space for two!

thanx mate its a bit of a pain wen u have another car u wanna finish off 1st haha but its been good since it got a nudge im not with out transport which is good :thumbsup:

WoW that's got to suck, **** like that almost makes me want to weld in support braces an **** at the back whenever my bumper is off lol! I'd cry llolololol

yeah ur not wrong i was actually more worried about the garnish bein damaged wen it happend lol i know its hard 2 find a decent 1 thats not faded or cracked lucky it got away untouched.

How is this car by the way Ant? Get it all sorted or is the process dragging on a bit?

Sam

Yeah man its draggin out like u wouldnt believe if the insurance just let both parties know exactly wat needs 2 happen 2 get it all sorted from the start things may have been sorted sooner but between them and the panel beater he wasnt sure y we needed so much paper work, not 2 count the amount of times the insurance mob lost the papers n had 2 b re sent... just useless thats HBF aswell haha

But im on their backs every day now last wednesday they said everythings there and had been handed over 2 the next person in line and id hear r phone call in the next couple days. we'll see how long i end up waitin lol :whistling

Cars goin great tho only things ive dun latly is change the battery as it went flat last week from sittin in a shed locked up and ive also been workin more on the LED conversion wen i get a chance from not workin on other cars and i also got given a VR ecu 4 nothing with the memcal in it so im gonna get it tuned from jason and get a really agressive tune made just 2 compare it 2 the 1 i have now.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
haha does it have a power button? I got a different shift map set up on the power setting on my VR... don't think VPs have them do they?

The power map in the VR is ridiculous, HSV shifts on steroids :p and the economy map granny shifts so much you wouldn't even know it's got a shift kit

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha does it have a power button? I got a different shift map set up on the power setting on my VR... don't think VPs have them do they?

The power map in the VR is ridiculous, HSV shifts on steroids :p and the economy map granny shifts so much you wouldn't even know it's got a shift kit

Na no power button lol im not exactly sure wats gettin changed yet as jason was a slack arse explainin it 2 me the difference :whistling haha jks but said it will b like a VS 5L tune is that wat u got?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
haha i got a good tune, i'm happy with it, regardless of what it is
mine's tuned for 95, runs very well considering it's a 5L

I had lean cruise enabled on mine, and got the cruise maps leaned out a bit for all the highways i do

He leaned my VN 6 out a bit too, running right on 10L/100km now, not bad for a 500,000km auto hey? ;)

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator

V8's don't have a power button, don't need to

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha i got a good tune, i'm happy with it, regardless of what it is
mine's tuned for 95, runs very well considering it's a 5L

I had lean cruise enabled on mine, and got the cruise maps leaned out a bit for all the highways i do

He leaned my VN 6 out a bit too, running right on 10L/100km now, not bad for a 500,000km auto hey? ;)

true thats not bad at all man do u have an 80L tank on it? ud b reapin the benifits if u do specially out ur way.

so i take it with an agressive tune mine would need 2 run on 95 also? ive been talkin 2 the tech at work he rekons he can make me up some piggy back eproms so i dont need 2 keep takin them out but his question was he wasnt sure on 4 each eprom 2 work, would u need 2 turn the car off each time? i dont see wat difference that would make tho?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
VPs in general don't have power buttons apparently. My V8, however, does because it's a VR. I was talking about my particular VR shift maps.

Not gonna argue with you because your's obviously does, I thought all VN-VS V8's had the same transmission, which is a hydraulic one is it not? and I thought the power button was used on elec/hydro transmissions?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The VN and VP run the original T700 and the VR-E(4sp ones) run the electronic version