Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any difference between 18 and 19 MY?

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
the companies that create the map data are the ones that have access to the satellite to create the map data and gm does not have access to that type of functionality of the satellite.
these days mapping can be done entirely remotely without needing to put boots on the ground and this is the type of thing i was referencing when i said gm does not have access to billion dollar satellites.

I think we are at cross purposes saying the same thing.

My point was GM (or any other vehicle manufacturer) do not need access to billion dollar satellites for map data because they can get the data from a mapping company. I think you're saying the same thing.

However I was given this lack of access to satellites and not being unable to download the database from these satellites as the reason Holden weren't able to provide updates.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I think we are at cross purposes saying the same thing.

My point was GM (or any other vehicle manufacturer) do not need access to billion dollar satellites for map data because they can get the data from a mapping company. I think you're saying the same thing.

However I was given this lack of access to satellites and not being unable to download the database from these satellites as the reason Holden weren't able to provide updates.

Yes and yes.

Holden is just being cheap and not supporting their customers and because they are dead in au/nz they have no reason to want to protect their reputation.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Holden is just being cheap and not supporting their customers and because they are dead in au/nz they have no reason to want to protect their reputation.

I think their after sales service has been poor for years.

Updating all software should be part of the regular servicing of the car. If they cant do it, they (& I mean all car manufacturers) should be using software that the user can update themselves.

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
Dunno if anyone still follows this thread, but it was just some minor changes. Not sure on other trims, but the VXR got while gauge cluster needles, (instead of red), red painted Brembo brake calipers, (not sure why they weren't red in the first place, they still said Brembo on them, the calipers were just painted dark grey), and minor infotainment alterations. Once again, not sure on the other trims.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
red painted Brembo brake calipers, (not sure why they weren't red in the first place, they still said Brembo on them, the calipers were just painted dark grey)

I prefer the look of the grey calipers on my black car. They stop just as well as the red ones.

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
This is a good thread, so if I were to take a photo of my computer to determine if it is the old or new version what should I take a photo of - so I can upload it here to get a response would just the main screen be ok?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
This is a good thread, so if I were to take a photo of my computer to determine if it is the old or new version what should I take a photo of - so I can upload it here to get a response would just the main screen be ok?

are you talking about the radio?

Readyyyyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
None yet
The need never got too strong to buy one of these (still lurking), but there's defo a difference in the MyLink. The '19 one's have 'nattier'/ nicer (I think) icons when connected to a phone (I'm on Android) but other than that (and the 5year warranty) there's no other obv differences.