Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone been defected for no engine cover?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My silver ute failed a blue slip due to having no engine cover.

On what grounds??? Or just because the RWC guy said so??? (I wouldn't bother arguing either but am interested to know)

Reaper

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
How is that?? Are you saying that Subaru are selling a car that does not comply with Australian Design Rules??? I'd be amazed if that were the case. I'm no fan of the police but c'mon - in my experience cars get defects for a 100% valid reason.

Reaper

being a smartass backtalking prick is a 100% valid reason to defect a perfectly legal car just to put someone in their place.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
being a smartass backtalking prick is a 100% valid reason to defect a perfectly legal car just to put someone in their place.

Lol - that attitude is rarely going to end well with the police weather cars are involved or not. That said, they do have to have something to base the report on.

Reaper

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
This is a bit offtopic but i was driving my mum's VZ and got randomly pulled up and got a fine/defect for having no water in the windscreen wash...im always extra nice to the officer's but after i recieved the fine/defect i said to the officer, dont you think its a bit silly to get a fine/defect for simply having no water in my bottle? at the time i told a bit of a fib and said as i was driving earlier i cleaned my windscreen and used the last of the water that was left and havent had a chance to fill it up but he just litterly said mate its the law and walked off...
In my opinion its really sad that in my town the cops have noting better to do than to pick on people just for running out of window water, must haave needed to get the points up, It just goes to show that no matter what, if the cops need to get the points up they will do whatever they need to so i guess if one officer actually knows anything about the engine cover then i guess you will get the defect... but cops around here know absolutly nothing about cars to the point they have to ask you weather the side indercators on the VX are standard or did i put them on...
sorry that its not On Topic...

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Defect for haveing no water in the windscreen wash... really?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
did you put one back on to pass it?

Yup lol, the RWC said that I must of had a Cop on his rag's that day , Because of the **** he wrote down was Stupid

From memory is was

Loose battery
parkers were blue ( they were the white ice/bright white, making a slightly blue tinge ) :S
no cover
Looked to low (had sl in the rear )

so yeh lol

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Had my vicroads inspection for rego today, pulled it into the bay popped the bonnet when he asked to check the numbers, mafless and OTR staring the guy in the face he didn't even notice lol. I have my engine cover on btw :p

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
A mate of mine of a defect for too little water in the windscreen resevior about 20 years ago. Apparently in Victoria you need to have enough water for 10 complete actions of the wipers with water being constantly sprayed. That was the only thing the could find on a HG Monaro driven by an 18 year old.......

Could have checked suspension, engine (numbers didn't match), oil leaks etc. Nope, they got something vague and easy to rectify..

They were proving a point to a smarty pants.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
On what grounds??? Or just because the RWC guy said so??? (I wouldn't bother arguing either but am interested to know)

Reaper

Yep, on the grounds of him saying it failed because of that. $20 off a wrecker and some double sided tape had me a pass.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
a brand new wrx can be defected due to its kit.

a 'brand new wrx' can get defected for an aftermarket kit because it is an external modification which alters the dimensions of the vehicle and therefore affects ADR42. length width and height and measured mm perfect and it is not legal to alter that. then we go onto the structure of the vehcile and the fact that whatever aftermarket kit it is, its not likely that the manufacturers smash tested said kit, and therefore it wont pass ADR42

engine cover doesnt to diddly, so you wont hear of anyone getting defected, except for idiot cops (which there are plenty of) and idiot rwc testers (equally proportionate to idiot cops)