Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone dissapointed with their W375 Package

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Not quite the same engine.

With the VL group A, Brock quoted 188kw or thereabouts. Holden on their non polarized version quoted 137kw. Same engine. Brock dyno'd his engines with no ancillaries (water pump, alternator, fan, etc). Holden dyno'd them with everything on (DIN kw as opposed to the ancient way Brock measured it)

it always amazed me how Brocky could go from 126kw (standard 308) to 188kw with what could be considered minor modifications

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
But the Polariser, man, the Polariser!

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
The faster you turn something, the friction there is going to be, in this case friction is power loss through the driveline. Like it has be stated, your boss should look at the before and after to see the gains, not just look at one number.

He would have went from 320 to 400rwkw

It's really about gains. I went from 200 to 250rwkw on my VF redline and 218 to 417 on my BA F6

As long as it's before and after on the same dyno that all that matters. The gain

People should quote gains and talk in KW . HP is a fancy way of having more. See my F6 has 559hp at the treads. Sounds a lot more than 417

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
He would have went from 320 to 400rwkw

It's really about gains. I went from 200 to 250rwkw on my VF redline and 218 to 417 on my BA F6

As long as it's before and after on the same dyno that all that matters. The gain

People should quote gains and talk in KW . HP is a fancy way of having more. See my F6 has 559hp at the treads. Sounds a lot more than 417

The gain on the GTS was approx. 90kw at the back wheels.

Mine went from 209 to 245kw on the same dyno, same day. I'd say there's a bit of variation there, as 36rwkw seems quite generous for just an OTR and tune

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Mine went from 209 to 245kw on the same dyno, same day. I'd say there's a bit of variation there, as 36rwkw seems quite generous for just an OTR and tune

There's a lot to gain out of a tune, the stock tune is very restricted.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

Even then, it's more about the fact that a gain was made, the actual number isn't accurate either; eg. you can't say you added 199kW at the wheels to your previously-218kW BA, but it's fair to say that the output at the wheels was increased to (417 / 218) * 100 percent of what it was before.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Ive run consistant 12.8s at Willowbank over the past 2 months both evenings over 26deg and my w375 is a auto. It's all relative as heaps of people have stated but for my mind the w375 is quick for a large family sedan that has delivered an average 12.6L per 100kms over 15000ks, sounds good, does a mean skid, is cheap to service, and costs under the luxury car threshold ie. a good company car. It's quick enough is my point and good value

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Ive run consistant 12.8s at Willowbank over the past 2 months both evenings over 26deg and my w375 is a auto. It's all relative as heaps of people have stated but for my mind the w375 is quick for a large family sedan that has delivered an average 12.6L per 100kms over 15000ks, sounds good, does a mean skid, is cheap to service, and costs under the luxury car threshold ie. a good company car. It's quick enough is my point and good value

Thanks for the 1/4 numbers SS Flo Rida they go ok. Wow mine is getting 14l/100kms. Must be lead footed :) They are great cars and I love driving it. I'm not liking the tick in the RH bank though. Hoping it's exhaust leak and will have it checked by the Walky fitters when it goes in for an oil change and touch up tune at 6000k.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
LS engines are noisy things, just have to live with that fact. They're not as refined as other V8s out there.
They do go hard when pushed which is why they're the engine modders pick when building performance vehicles. See Tom Nelson's musings on the LS:

https://youtu.be/VsmbbuSq9m0

Last edited: