Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone tried Champix to quit smoking?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
Hi all, i am currently on the second week of Champix tablets to give up smoking after 30 years! you start with half strength once a day for 3 days then half strength twice a day for 4 days the full strength twice a day for 12 weeks in total. you have to give up in the first week of taking the full strength, so it has now been 4 days without the fags for me so far.

i still feel like a ciggy quite often but it does seem to pass quite quickly, the bad side effects from the tablets are insomnia, it takes me over an hour to get to sleep every night and i seem to wake a lot through the night too, maybe a small sacrifice to pay?

I have started a transfer of the $70 per week i used to spend on ciggies to a seperate bank account to save for an electric sunroof as an incentive.(only 29 weeks to go LOL)

anyone else been on the champix and still currently a non smoker?

wish me luck people!!!::thumbsup:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I used "Cold Turkey" and quit over 16 yrs ago... I hate the smell of passive smoke now.

Smoking is all in the head... once you can control the urge to light up half your battles won. If you fail be hard on yourself... don't buy that sunroof... Make it a be all or nothing campaign... You've done a smart thing with making a reward to aim for... It gives you a positive goal ! Good luck with quitting !

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I don't believe in taking drugs to quit another drug.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
See how you go with what your doing now, im on the patches been 2 days, this time im kickn it.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
do what works for you, what worked for me, and other people wont always work for someone else. keep at it champ, you are gonna have some good days, and some days that just suck, think of your health at the end. i wish you all the best.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I too used Champix to quit smoking. Tried most of the things you tried as well and none of them seemed to work.

I ended up only taking them for a month. I didn't really have any problems with insomnia but I did get pretty severe nausea once I went on to full dose. I haven't had a cigarette for 2 months and I stopped taking Champix 4 weeks ago.

Giving up is definitely hard so kudos to you and good luck! :thumbsup:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
same reason people get hooked on alcohol and harder drugs, the addiction!