Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Approximate value

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I had a meeting in the city (Adelaide) I had to attend the other day and took my "daily driver" SV6 wagon.

As I reached the city, the odometer clicked over 30,000km's and I did a few laps looking for a parking spot. After finding a parking spot with the least potential for someone to run into the car or open their doors on it and dent it, I was about 6 streets and 15-minute walk away from the meeting and thought I'd rather driven a bunky car to the city that didn't matter what happened to it.

After the meeting and 15-minute walk back to the car in my safe parking spot, a nearly 8 year old VF2 wagon sitting in the street that almost looks brand new, was an inspiring sight to take a memorial photo of the mighty Holden we can't buy new anymore!

If you've got a mint VF, the more you drive it, the faster you wear it out and the more vulnerable it is for someone else to stuff it up, then what?

View attachment 265412
Why own it if you aren't going to drive it and enjoy the very experience you had ?

I have that every time I walk back to my daily SSV Z.

If you don't look back at your car as you walk away, you bought the wrong car.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If you've got a mint VF, the more you drive it, the faster you wear it out and the more vulnerable it is for someone else to stuff it up, then what?
This makes sense if your enjoyment of it is greater looking at it than driving it, but if your enjoyment comes from driving it over looking at it then you’re better off using it.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
If you have a mint VF and don't drive it I'm pretty sure one day you will wish you did.
I mean, what are you saving it for? If somebody offered you a low km stream engine tomorrow for only 25,000 bucks would you buy it? That's a very good price for a steam engine you know?
Why would I regret missing out on an SV6 driving experience when I've got an MY17 Redline ute and an M4 BMW?

I wouldn't buy a steam engine having no interest in them, but a steam engine enthusiast might, so a pretty stupid analogy don't you think?

The point is, the VF2 is the last of the Australian produced Holden's, and a half stuffed one with car park dents all over it, isn't a good example representing the iconic brand is it?

Over driving a mint VF you can't easily replace anymore, wearing it out faster and parking it in places vulnerable to some idiot denting it so I can buy an electric Hyundia sooner, doesn't work for me, or any genuine brand enthusiast I know of either!

Why own it if you aren't going to drive it and enjoy the very experience you had ?
Yes, I did drive it and enjoyed the experience of seeing a mint VF parked on the outskirts of the Adelaide city block looking as they did on the show room floor 8 years ago. I even took a photo and it's not sitting in the shed, is it?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
This makes sense if your enjoyment of it is greater looking at it than driving it, but if your enjoyment comes from driving it over looking at it then you’re better off using it.

I find it easier to look at my car while I'm not driving it.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Why would I regret missing out on an SV6 driving experience when I've got an MY17 Redline ute and an M4 BMW?

Hoping into an M4 or an SV6 Wagon for a spirited cruise, now that's a hard decision.

I'd definitely have to toss a coin.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I find it easier to look at my car while I'm not driving it.
What about the reflection of it in shop windows?

There's a shop at a T junction around our way with mirror tint windows, and my Redline ute looks good driving towards the shop where it captures the dish and glitter off the silver wheels!

Reactions: Lex

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Hoping into an M4 or an SV6 Wagon for a spirited cruise, now that's a hard decision.

I'd definitely have to toss a coin.
Given the M4 and SV6 both have 6 spark plugs, I've got to think carefully which one I'll get the most enjoyment from a spirited drive!