Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are 325KW headers an upgrade?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Cheers mate yeah creeped him and hes in adelaide some times, so will hit him up soon for a quote. Will have to add him on FB.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I didn't want to start a new thread and it is related. So, my tuner is recommending DPF (Walky Brand) headers, cats and cat back over the 340kw HSV items. No surprises there. I'm still waiting on a quote. So, can anyone tell me the approximate cost, and what gain I'll get over the HSV headers, HF cats and mid section?
Cheers.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I didn't want to start a new thread and it is related. So, my tuner is recommending DPF (Walky Brand) headers, cats and cat back over the 340kw HSV items. No surprises there. I'm still waiting on a quote. So, can anyone tell me the approximate cost, and what gain I'll get over the HSV headers, HF cats and mid section?
Cheers.
Maybe + 10kw and minus 3k

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Cheers.

Which vehicle? Your Redline or MSE?

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Cheers.
my 385 package (1 3/4 headers, 3 inch catback incl refit of bi modals, vcm otr and tune) was $5200.
sure you can get a hsv system for $500 but they sound quite and tinny, theres a reason they came off the original hsv. if your planning on doing any performance mods in the future, the hsv system will be very restrictive.
talk to your tuner and see if you can have a listen to a dpe system, best sounding system you can get imo.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
my 385 package (1 3/4 headers, 3 inch catback incl refit of bi modals, vcm otr and tune) was $5200.
sure you can get a hsv system for $500 but they sound quite and tinny, theres a reason they came off the original hsv. if your planning on doing any performance mods in the future, the hsv system will be very restrictive.
talk to your tuner and see if you can have a listen to a dpe system, best sounding system you can get imo.
Yeah 5hanks, I'll do that.
The only future mod I may do is a cam. I've decided to go headers and tune first.
Re the sound, a lot must depend on the cats. Because the 2.5" HSV system on my Redline with high flow cats certainly isn't tinny. It's quite deep actually.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Bummer... I would have recommended Sureflo headers and Ballistic cats(fitted on the Maloo), but Greg from Sureflo wasn't sure if the L/H header would clear the heat exchanger on the LE's or LSA's.
I have a 3" DPE cat back on the Maloo, definitely needs Bi-modal mufflers. Cold start in the garage with bi-modals open, shakes the house...
I'm considering Rex 1.75" headers, Ballistic cats similar size to factory, Maloo mid section and standard bi-modal mufflers for the Magnum.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

The DPE system sounds nuts, most of you would have seen this already. Cuda, its too bad I didn't get a chance to show you in person at the proving ground, I had a lot of interest. Less restriction / extra power on the MSE is so good, Cuda just do it already! :) With not much DPE stock left, now is the time.