Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are all W375 packs the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I replaced a 3 inch pacemaker cat back with resonators for a 2.5 inch Hurricane system with x pipe. Used the same rear mufflers.

The Hurricane did sound better, but the dreaded drone appeared. I'm guessing the X pipe may have something to do with it
Where did you fit the x-pipe?

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
About halfway between the cats and rear mufflers. Mind you my cats sit quite far back.

It seemed to have bettor note separation with the Pacemaker 3 inch (no X pipe), and no drone. Though it was hideously loud

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I’ve got W407 on my director and it sounds so deep and menacing it’s ridiculous. I got the Holden bi modal fitted into the Walky mufflers and I’m stoked I did, I can still creep around very quietly without being noticed. Turn the driver preference dial into sport and it vibrates my whole carport. IMO I am yet to hear a better sounding system than difillippo/Walky 3 inch into 2.5inch cat back. Yes it cost a lot, but so did the car.

Bren66

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Motorsport
I’ve got W407 on my director and it sounds so deep and menacing it’s ridiculous. I got the Holden bi modal fitted into the Walky mufflers and I’m stoked I did, I can still creep around very quietly without being noticed. Turn the driver preference dial into sport and it vibrates my whole carport. IMO I am yet to hear a better sounding system than difillippo/Walky 3 inch into 2.5inch cat back. Yes it cost a lot, but so did the car.
I agree, + 1 for the W407, it gives you that great sounding deep loopy idle and the extra power.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Any of you Wally converts checked in on the young bloke asking for procedural guidance / mechanical options after being left stranded by Walkinshaw with his broken w457?
Like all the chain brand bullshitters happy to steal your money in exchange for a cam or supercharger at double cost, pathetic when it comes to the crunch.
Why on earth would you buy a 224 cam, valve springs, air cleaner and exhaust for $10k (apart from spinning a tale to get mods past the missus)?
I mean what do you think you actually paid for that’s not covered under consumer law?
Good advice, dependable engineering? FFS look beyond the sticker.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any of you Wally converts checked in on the young bloke asking for procedural guidance / mechanical options after being left stranded by Walkinshaw with his broken w457?
Like all the chain brand bullshitters happy to steal your money in exchange for a cam or supercharger at double cost, pathetic when it comes to the crunch.
Why on earth would you buy a 224 cam, valve springs, air cleaner and exhaust for $10k (apart from spinning a tale to get mods past the missus)?
I mean what do you think you actually paid for that’s not covered under consumer law?
Good advice, dependable engineering? FFS look beyond the sticker.
Haha that didn’t take long
Don’t anyone say anything good about Walkinshaw or difillippo or the big bag monstar will appear and rant and rave
Change the record Mate

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Haha that didn’t take long
Don’t anyone say anything good about Walkinshaw or difillippo or the big bag monstar will appear and rant and rave
Change the record Mate
Must have me mistaken, seriously the first time since the push came to shove over the W457 fueling stuff up and the young bloke.
You were ripped off. Nothing more to say.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Must have me mistaken, seriously the first time since the push came to shove over the W457 fueling stuff up and the young bloke.
You were ripped off. Nothing more to say.
Haha spoken like a true tight arsed Scotsman
I would rather live with being ripped off than live with being cheap.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Haha spoken like a true tight arsed Scotsman
I would rather live with being ripped off than live with being cheap.
Good on ya rich bloke, seriously, blow your dough nobody cares with your chrome bits on an SS runout sticker pack! Just the candidate for a Wally pack :D
Somebody has to keep the girly hysteria at bay, hence I’m the monstar yeah, the one who regularly tempers mindless brand crap with actual fact and figures so new players don’t end up with a shiny sticker on their arse announcing to other drivers how they got ripped a new one.
Aye, see me pal, I’m yer canny mon :mad:

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good on ya rich bloke, seriously, blow your dough nobody cares with your chrome bits on an SS runout sticker pack! Just the candidate for a Wally pack :D
Somebody has to keep the girly hysteria at bay, hence I’m the monstar yeah, the one who regularly tempers mindless brand crap with actual fact and figures so new players don’t end up with a shiny sticker on their arse announcing to other drivers how they got ripped a new one.
Aye, see me pal, I’m yer canny mon :mad:
Always the same pisch mon
Being ripped off is temporary, being cheap is a life long affliction
I think we will just have to agree to disagree
And it’s a calais sticker pack thanks not an ss

Status
Not open for further replies.