Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are all W375 packs the same?

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - ?)' started by Paulie81, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monstar

monstar Donating Member

Members Ride:
    207 GTi Stage 2
    You sir are the distinguished owner of the most overpriced, gauchely decorated Holden sponge cake ever conceived. Enjoy it, was made for loose wallets and you.

2. PSISLE

PSISLE Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VH SL/E, VY2 l67 calais, ve2 l77 Calaisv wagz
    Oh monstar you are so quirky, funny and smart. I hope when I grow up to be a big boy I can be a forum king just like you and impart my wisdom onto anyone willing to hear it.

commodore665 likes this.
  3. monstar

monstar Donating Member

Members Ride:
    207 GTi Stage 2
    Not forum king, this is not a personality contest... but in the top three, yeagh fiddle dee whee!
    I so wish I had your mountain of gold too, bravely smile should scallywags pinch as much from my open purse as could carry, then turn a phrase of praise in Forum after a right royal nibbing in the arse from the Walkinshaw courtiers.

4. PSISLE

PSISLE Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    I bow to thee thy majesty, king of meaningless drivel

5. monstar

monstar Donating Member

Members Ride:
    207 GTi Stage 2
    On that parting wisdom I bid you sweet adieu, may you never leave your marvellous cake out in the rain.

PSISLE likes this.
  6. blackve76

blackve76 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
    local walkishaw dealer claims to do dyno and drive tuning on there packs but I thought it was a generic tune re warranty.
    what did you pay for the 470 badge he he

upload_2017-11-15_6-39-15.png

7. PSISLE

PSISLE Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Are they Walkinshaw/hsv badges?

lmoengnr likes this.
  8. monstar

monstar Donating Member

Members Ride:
    207 GTi Stage 2
    Quite a bit more than a cream filled profiterole.

HRT while still alive, now Australian flag flies in its place.
    IMG_0744 (3).jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  9. 426Cuda

426Cuda SUBLIME!

Members Ride:
    VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
    "Overpriced sticker pack", "most overpriced, gauchely decorated Holden sponge cake ever conceived".

C'mon Monstar, that's a bit rich. You know as well as anyone that is not the case. If they didn't have stickers to differentiate the looks, you'd be bagging it for that reason. If they added an HSV style body kit it would be criticised for being overdone and not looking as good as a Redline.
    If the judges proclaim this to be nothing more than a sticker pack, then what about the mighty A9X? After all, it had a lesser engine than it's predecessor the L34. Yet it kicked arse and commands a very high price all these years later. All this, through handling and braking improvements.
    The MSE has many added extras, which when stacked up more than justify the price increase over the Redline. Like I've said before, if you haven't driven one in anger, then over rough roads in Touring Mode, you're not qualified to pass judgment. Also as I've said before, it is far more than the sum of its parts. It has a special place in Holden history and to those that love their Holden's new or old, this is prcieless. Apart from that, it is without doubt, the best Holden ever made, by any measure. I am sure you'd agree once you cooled down.
    Now the Pearl has some massive power, for an NA 6.0L for sure. Hat's off to you for what you've achieved. It's a weapon and somewhat unique. I have plans to do same to an L77 or LS3 myslef one day. But, what is the real cost of it? With all the iterations of upgrades you've done? Without even factoring in the probably hundreds, if not thousands of hours you spent researching it? At the end of the day, as good as it is, it's still just a VE SSV Sportwagon, and the market value is probably not much more than a stocker. How would it compare to an MSE around a tight circuit, lap after lap after lap? Would be interesting. So, it's horses for courses. Not having a go at you. Just trying to add some balance here. It just get's a little tiring hearing all the baggers of the fantastic MSE's.
    Whether you like Big W or not. There is a market for their products, and the jury is still out on the W547 failure, or am I out of touch re that? Not everyone wants to go off willy-nilly making ad-hoc changes, or spend the countless hours you have researching the amazing mods you've made to your VE and L77. I don't think it's fair to criticise anyone who makes the decision to go with Walky. They too have a long and proven history with Holden, and that in itself is somewhat alluring in my book.

Chill out mate!

UTE042_NZ and blackve76 like this.
  10. monstar

monstar Donating Member

Members Ride:
    207 GTi Stage 2
    OK, you chill out too :cool:
    You've got the wrong end of the bump stick. Big W is for big wallets, big egos. Still a freakin rip off, caveat emptor to new players was my original point, and it's bloody imperative that people know there's nothing covered by paying twice as much vs rights under consumer law. Don't really understand what the TWR brand and history and all the HSV stuff has to do with the fact the Wxxx offerings are piss poor middle-of-the-road perforamce-wise and a national rip off?
    I honestly wouldn't have come back to JC if I had nothing to offer people regularly asking specific questions about that which I've researched, only to be flooded with "do what I did 10 years ago, works for me", "you think too much', "just go with Wally if you can afford it", bigger is always better", "nothing beats a supercharger", etc.
    I was referring to old mate's spongecake with icing, fruit and cream. But yes that's true, nude without tats (maybe some strategically placed jewellery) floats my boat.:oops: I say keep it stealth and understated, paint it black, cut the mainsail and raise the roger! FWIW @426Cuda I also like Hot Wheel decals and red ears and stuff to differentiate runout models that have the pokey HX. Most of what you say mirror my comments about MSE, the brakes and suspension are magic, light unsprung rotational weight or the special rotors inspired me to place a special order request with Brakes Direct last week for dba 5000 series two-piece, two grand, hand-finished. Also when prices inevitably slip through holding cost vs depreciation there will be bargain MSEs.
    Queen Anne's Revenge was a battleship, not a flagship you see over the horizon. I'm quite satisfied the Pearl is just a V8 Zeta Sportwagon with truly exceptional drivetrain characteristics and low cost nature. As a bean counter I'm sure you realise original depreciation was cleared, repairs and maintenance is written off, and subsequent piratey methodology :rolleyes: continue to provide the Company with a bountiful offset... Thing is I'm not selling it, but in 10 years my car will definitely be worth more than yours.:p I prefer the look of the fascia versus the raised hood and snub nose of the cheaper facelift revision. No need to go there and offend, just my opinion that wide haunches cater for much wider front track and bay has space for engine ancillaries, like two 136db horns.:eek:
    Re MRC, is all about (manually) dialling in comfort, not handling at speed (Ignition e39 M5 vs Chevy 2017, lap time anomaly vs non-mrc 2015). That's bloody good news for an old bloke like me (and you) but technically is hard to beat dedicated monotube (Bilstein) or frequency sensitive dampers (Koni, like mine) or even Monroe gas (FE3 update) for all round performance.
    Well is a cost of doing business, literally. An investment in DIY satisfaction. One day might set up a side business converting old LS3 huffers into VVT supercars ;)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    426Cuda likes this.
  11. SSV 407

SSV 407 Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    Sorry Monstar.... I lost all my respect for you after this post. People have the right to choice. It may not be your choice. BUT to mock them for it is just :mad:

12. monstar

monstar Donating Member

Members Ride:
    207 GTi Stage 2
    Don't be sorry, don't know you or your posts from any of the others, and assure you my vehement alert regards Walkinshaw and its personnel as a corporation, is not directed at anyone personally.
    Happens that Wally is derivative from Walkinshaw not mocking any member's pseudonym even, never mind the person behind it, is nevertheless an appropriate pun for fools who defend the ridiculous spend for a badge and bugger all eh?
    Walkinshaw is a multimillion dollar brand-owning franchise ripping JC members off daily, respect that or not, is dodgy practice.
    Why do I care? Because some people genuinely believe they are covered by superior guidance and products guaranteed by an iron-clad warranty. Recent events with W457 kit has come to light which is disgraceful and actionable, yet young bloke caught in it is being whitewashed.
    Defend the badge blindly, after reading the kit spec and what happened, with young bloke up shit creek no clue.

13. SSV 407

SSV 407 Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    So if I buy any product cheaper than you...Then your the wally??? Price is relative to how much you have or haven't!
    If I buy coffee for $5. I have a coffee machine at home. Am I a wally for buying a $5 coffee?
    People shoudn't be judged by their purchases.;)

14. monstar

monstar Donating Member

Members Ride:
    207 GTi Stage 2
    Not the unconscionable price alone, the whole false premise of WIWO dependable engineering (when is rebranded and marked up at silly margin) and manipulation of consumer rights embodied in the act.
    [​IMG]
    Five bucks for coffee and it had better come out of a rare palm civet cat's arse and served by Charlize Theron.

15. SSV 407

SSV 407 Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    So it beats Johnny appleseed at the local garage tuning your car for $1-2K cheaper and knows feck all about it?
    Drop a rod 1 week later and you're sh!t out of luck.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys. Almost always true :D

16. monstar

monstar Donating Member

Members Ride:
    207 GTi Stage 2
    Fair enough, if it comes easy and you are risk averse then open your purse luv:oops:.
    Gotcha, but a cam swap ain't rocket surgery...

17. SSV 407

SSV 407 Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    All good ;)
    But tell me how many good tuners you know?
    Thats where you can feck up lots of things:eek:

monstar likes this.
  18. daves8

daves8 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V 6.0
    Monstar, what do you do for a living?

From memory wine?

How do you ever find the time to post so often on here?

I find your posts intelligently written (although I will admit to being confused occasionally) and I am more of a observer than a contributor here...... but genuinely wonder where you find the time?

19. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Grapes take a long time to grow.

Troyziee likes this.
  20. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    You haven't been to WA for a while @monster ?

$5 can get you anything from a half decent coffee to something that does actually approximate something from a cat's arse.

monstar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.