Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Ex or Current Cops cars equipped with a modifed chip?

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
um no theyre not.
some VS police pack used the HSV 185kw pack to reduce underbonnet temps when in a high speed situation.
some had a bigger radiator fitted (nicknamed MAD MAX)
i know this as i was doing the developmental testing at that time

Rob

sair enough, i was just pointing out that the v8 cop cars where a hsv 185 engine they where basically ss commos with out the kit or hsvs with out the kit, hence the only possible performance chip?? that was my understanding any way,
and unicorn piss hey?? excellent stopping power, so his jizzum is the octane booster the cops used but where does the flux capacitor fit in??

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
All states are different in relation to the vehicles, but I can confidently say that Qld police vehicles are stock, except; suspension (to handle to extra gear in vehicle), a larger alternator (for the lights etc) and stock wheels.
There are no performance mods done to 99% of cars, (except possilby the odd undercover Q Cars).
Even the traffic cars (Monaro, XR's, SS etc) are bog standard.
Trust me on this as I work in the industry and this is not info from my brothers, mates, sisters, budgie!
It is all about the almighty dollar and the Qld gov does not like to waste money on making 100's of cars go slightly quicker.
j

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
well my vn has a cop chip. i fire it up back it out and it heads straight for the nearest donut king. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
well my vn has a cop chip. i fire it up back it out and it heads straight for the nearest donut king. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL :yeah::yeah:

joeyandhisVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina series2
vy ss

well sorry to steal ur lime light but how the %&$# do u start a new thread in this joint??? god damn it!!
HEY I NEED ONE SECOND HAND NOT TOO SHITTY VY SS 18 INCH RIM (i effd one up in an accident) ....ANYONE????....

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
ebay might help a bit or the for sale section in the trading post.
new thread, click on new thread at the left hand top page of the section you want to add a new thread in.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
there are exceptions...

In Alice springs they have a blown and worked Ute sleeper they use to "entrap" people with street drags and then do them over for racing... It's unmarked of course... :)

From time to time they do take cars from impound and use them.

stated vr v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman
fe2 is crap it rides well for a few km's but after a few km's of hard driving it will rise higher than the titanic itself and steer like it to!!! But as for cop cars all i know is vn's had a dash that where not the same as stock, they only went to 200km's and at high speed instead of going at 5 km's installments they would have 1km's installments!!

stated vr v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman
Coppers are pricks

Your mate being himself... other than that being badly worded... well yes... who else would he be?

And I don't see how the cops in your area are pricks... why are cops pricks when they do their job? I don't get that... :bang:

There is no law against reving your engine at the lights unless your making alot of noise last i checked... there is one about breaking the speed limit...

I think good on them for egging on idiots to drag race... mainly because... it will get those idiots off the roads... I'm all for cops having monster skylines with for sale stickers on the back and P-plates busting idiot drivers...

Anyway... this is off topic... so lets leave it at that...
If this is the case why did my mate get pulled over for revin his engine when passing some poor bloke who was pulled over and they jumped straight in there car and did him for un due noise

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Well I know for a fact the last pursuit vehicles used in tassie had a modifyed tune.....not commodores though....R31 Skyline Sillhouettes back in the late 80s.....had slightly more power than standard.