Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How much does it cost to charge at a charging station ?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was under the impression that Tesla charging points are run by Tesla so would probably incur some cost from the servo so until there popular not worth the cost , but i could be wrong on this.

If they become popular, you would think the servos would come to some agreement with Tesla (providing Tesla actually own them) whereby they would give them a fee or a percentage of the costs they charge motorists to use these charging stations.

However considering these vehicles have been around for 10 + years one would imagine the costs vs the profit isn't worth their while

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
The current high prices for V8’s & HSV’s won’t be sustained.
They’ll go down again.
And they’ll go up again in the distant future - maybe. I’m not entirely sure though, because values of old things relates to people’s perceptions, and I think the increase in EV’s will mean petrol at servo’s will slowly become a little fewer & further in between, and a huge part of the reason there’s enough demand to push a W1 ute over a million dollars is that the buyer could (if they wanted) head 2 minutes down the road and go for a drive. It’s not the actual availability of fuel, it’s the perception that matters; and perception drives the value of anything that’s not manufactured new (eg. old cars, real estate).

i think the market will just keep increasing slowly, its not like you can walk into a show room and buy a new Aussie made v8 car any more
many middle aged Australians are cashed up, money to burn and want TOYS,
saving money in the bank is now a waste of time, interest rates make it dead money, many want to spend it
and you can get loans for money for bugger all, so people are splurging, its like free money almost
if we have a bad rescission, then people will sell up , lots of redlines on the market to be sold, then prices will drop
but i dont think that will happen any time soon
we should all be thankful that our cars are at least holding value and some increasing .
long live the KING

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There’ll be a recession.
There’ll be a boom.
There’ll also be a recession.
There’ll also be a boom.
If Centre-Bet were giving odds on that, even I would take that bet. :)

If they become popular, you would think the servos would come to some agreement with Tesla (providing Tesla actually own them) whereby they would give them a fee or a percentage of the costs they charge motorists to use these charging stations.

However considering these vehicles have been around for 10 + years one would imagine the costs vs the profit isn't worth their while
I suspect part of the problem with installing a charging-point now is the lack of surety over standards. What with Tesla playing games over whether a car will even charge without the right software, let alone the plug format.
They can probably install a point in a week, if they’ve got the space they’re probably better off waiting ‘til there are more cars around.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
How much does it cost to charge at a charging station ?
Its about $130 per 1500k for elect , $170 per 1500k for petrol depending on model , But thats at a Tesla supercharge station , it might be cheaper or dearer to charge at home , i don't know

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
It is funny you mention about servos possibly becoming few and far inbetween...In Adelaide, there has been a serge in servos going up in the last 12 months...There has also been an increase on servos being renovated....Mainly the BP on the run chain.... I haven't seen any car charging points going into these servos but
The servos obviously make a killing because they keep springing up like weeds. A new one is going up near my place when there is already one across the road from where it’s going to be built and I’ve got 4 servos within about 2kms of my place.

It’s obviously a licence to print money or they wouldnt keep building them!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Problem with renovating the existing service stations with charging stations is the lack of space. You will need a lot more land to cater for the increase in parked cars for say a 10 to 15 minute charge.

Only way that can happen is with a new purpose built service station on a greenfield site.
Lots of servos have plenty of room on the forecourt that is unused space. Most servos would have enough room for half a dozen charging stations. Inner city ones might be a different story with land at a premium but shouldn’t be a problem in the burbs.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
This link is about Tesla charging Tesla Supercharge Stations
You can see any one can set up a charging station ie shopping centers with parking space or car parks not just servo's

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yells “where are the kerosine bowsers” to the petrol station attendant (while sucking false teeth back in).

(who knows what the future will bing)
“This car will drive 20 hectares on a single tank of kerosene”
”What country is it from”
It doesn’t exist anymore”.