Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Less servos have E85 now.
Less cars will just run on it, too ... I think Holden dropping the ethanol-content sensor thingy happened after the E85 pumps started to disappear. Dunno if any other manufacturer‘s models were capable of adapting to E85?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Dunno if any other manufacturer‘s models were capable of adapting to E85?

you can mod many engines(old/new) to run e85, it mainly involves upgrading the fuel pump, injectors, lines and a tune or adding a flex sensor which may require an aftermarket ecu like a haltech.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Lots of servos have plenty of room on the forecourt that is unused space. Most servos would have enough room for half a dozen charging stations. Inner city ones might be a different story with land at a premium but shouldn’t be a problem in the burbs.

As someone who used to have the training/quals to do permits at servos and fuel stations (WPCG) there may be space but there can be underlying issues or restrictions on what can be put there. Alot of it comes down to the mapping of the fuel station and restrictions within their boundaries.

Have seen a few of the country charging points up the Hume or other towns with charging stations though, Barnawartha servo comes to mind (its well away from the forecourt of the servo).
They are much better to be placed where people will either have breaks or where they can go and explore. Put it in a country town and see if people stop for a coffee, cake and check out the local shops. Maybe it could be like putting the Milk at a supermarket at the back, to entice people to wander through.... ;)

As for VF's being collectable. Anything can be collectable.
People who have money will buy what they want.
But in the end its the last model of the brand made in Aus, it has sentimental value and history, therefore it is quite likely itll be wanted later on.
It just depends on how much its wanted later on along with supply and demand in years to come.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
“This car will drive 20 hectares on a single tank of kerosene”
”What country is it from”
It doesn’t exist anymore”.
Tough crowd... o_O

When i was younger, we had kerosine bowsers at local servos since many people used kerosine heaters at home. Such wheaters were easier than chopping wood and cleaner than burning brickettes. Many homes also had oil heaters, so small tankers delivered heating oil to homes and top up of their oil heater tank so people could stay warm...

Such was how many heated their homes unless one lived in inner city where huge gas works existed to make gas and pipe it to homes within their area....

So the post was a joke to highlight how things have changed and how we can never predict how they will change (who would have through how it would become back then)...

So I've added a few emojis to my post to highlight the joke but that probably wont help for the youger members who haven't experianced such life (who've had it too good in some ways and worse in others :eek:).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Dunno if any other manufacturer‘s models were capable of adapting to E85?
Volvo were big into E85 (especially in Europe) as was i think SAAB (though not 100% sure of the later).
And almost everything in Brazil runs on ethanol blends (so yet again vehicles capabilities are shown to be driven by government policy)...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Tough crowd... o_O

When i was younger, we had kerosine bowsers at local servos since many people used kerosine heaters at home. Such wheaters were easier than chopping wood and cleaner than burning brickettes. Many homes also had oil heaters, so small tankers delivered heating oil to homes and top up of their oil heater tank so people could stay warm...

Such was how many heated their homes unless one lived in inner city where huge gas works existed to make gas and pipe it to homes within their area....

So the post was a joke to highlight how things have changed and how we can never predict how they will change (who would have through how it would become back then)...

So I've added a few emojis to my post to highlight the joke but that probably wont help for the youger members who haven't experianced such life (who've had it too good in some ways and worse in others :eek:).

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
When i was younger, we had kerosine bowsers at local servos since many people used kerosine heaters at home. Such wheaters were easier than chopping wood and cleaner than burning brickettes.

Did you experience kero fridges ?