Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
Tough crowd... o_O

When i was younger, we had kerosine bowsers at local servos since many people used kerosine heaters at home. Such wheaters were easier than chopping wood and cleaner than burning brickettes. Many homes also had oil heaters, so small tankers delivered heating oil to homes and top up of their oil heater tank so people could stay warm...

Such was how many heated their homes unless one lived in inner city where huge gas works existed to make gas and pipe it to homes within their area....

So the post was a joke to highlight how things have changed and how we can never predict how they will change (who would have through how it would become back then)...

So I've added a few emojis to my post to highlight the joke but that probably wont help for the youger members who haven't experianced such life (who've had it too good in some ways and worse in others :eek:).

we still have a old servo near by that pumps HOME kero from one of the old pumps that has the numbers that tick over like the old 70s clock radios
reminds me of the old days, the 44 Gallon drum of bp zoom
servos workshops full of cars, the old hoist was a single massive ram out off the ground
live was better back then

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I think the good ones with less than 10000km are currently overpriced & won't sustain those numbers; and will drop.
How many buyers can there be who're willing to pay 130% of new price now & who didn't have the money to just buy a new one 3 years ago?
Yeah, I’d expect they’ll probably drop in asking price at some stage. But the unknown is, for the current money being asked for a relatively new low mileage used V8 commodore, the question becomes what can you buy in the new big sedan space with a thumping V8 that won’t actually cost a lot more :rolleyes: Is it worth paying the inflated used commodore price compared to buying something like an expensive euro V8’s (which have probable also increased in price) :eek:

So the 64 million dollar post COVID question is, will any vehicle importer want to give up that bit of margin they probably gained (sucked us all into accepting) due to COVID as new vehicle pricing is the critical issue in pricing within the used vehicle market. As is, my general consumer experience has been that once prices go up, it’s very hard for them to come down... o_O

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
ahh the smell of the kerosene heater, that is one smell i will not miss lol
We had one like this when i was a kid, i remember coming out the shower one winters night freezing and standing in front of it to warm up, and lost my balance and sat on it bare arsed. You could have played naughts and crosses on my butt.
1611539860365.png

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
We had one like this when i was a kid, i remember coming out the shower one winters night freezing and standing in front of it to warm up, and lost my balance and sat on it bare arsed. You could have played naughts and crosses on my butt.
View attachment 218624
And the center square was a default "O" o_O

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
How much of this extra cash floating around is because people
A) didnt spend on an overseas holiday
B) took it out of super
C) just havent spent as much as they usually would due to not being out and about as much.

Something to think about.

I Wish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, Nitrate Silver Wagon
I would say A. Hence the recent increase in 4WD sales due to everyone wanting to go and tour Australia now.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I think the good ones with less than 10000km are currently overpriced & won't sustain those numbers; and will drop.
How many buyers can there be who're willing to pay 130% of new price now & who didn't have the money to just buy a new one 3 years ago?
There's only 23 sedan/wagons and 3 utes advertised now under 10,000km's and the utes are the most expensive and selling the fastest.
It takes only 26 people nationwide to buy the cars advertised today and plenty of older guys with long standing Holden enthusiasm could probably buy 3 of them with play money. Not many people will buy them for daily drivers and the less appealing combos that are overly modified, unpopular colours may drop a bit to sell them.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute