Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
You could still cop one in the mail but from what he said to you it appears as though you won't. If there was a chance he would have said something along the lines of, "You may receive an infringement notice in the mail".

You also haven't mentioned as to whether or not he asked you to produce you licence. If not, then you definately won't be getting one. Unfortunately we can't mail out fines based solely on a rego number like speed/red light cameras do. Those devices can as they're governed by their own seperate act of parliament.

What was the speed limit anyway, and what state do you live in?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
my mates got a vr ss which is ready to have its defect cleared in SA on tuesday so everything is back to standard but it got defected in mildura last night for being too low??? do victorian police have different legal heights or check points???? cos i thought it was a load of crap when he came home and showed me

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Victoria Police is 100mm for height. Or 10cm..

Most cops will use a Coke can or if they have it, the block that goes under the cars..

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You could still cop one in the mail but from what he said to you it appears as though you won't. If there was a chance he would have said something along the lines of, "You may receive an infringement notice in the mail".

You also haven't mentioned as to whether or not he asked you to produce you licence. If not, then you definately won't be getting one. Unfortunately we can't mail out fines based solely on a rego number like speed/red light cameras do. Those devices can as they're governed by their own seperate act of parliament.

What was the speed limit anyway, and what state do you live in?
Victoria, 80km road. The crash was a fatal one.

I was not asked to produce my license when he stopped me nor when i went back to talk to him.

It has definately given me a good scare and i wont be doing anything so foolish ever again

CURSD

Reaction score
Members Ride
CURSD VP
To the police on here, this isnt directed squarley at you, but, your collegues need to seriously re-evaluate the way they interact with the younger community. What they did in Penrith, Western Sydney last night was over the top. Sweeping through the carparks defecting everything they could, grounding several cars, including my commodore.

Do the members in your force EVER stop to think..gee we could handle this situation better...maybe the younger generation will begin to dislike us...or is common practice to defect first, ask questions later?

All the young kids with cars that I know grow up with nothing but disrespect and hatred for most of the police force since the ones that deal with them treat them like absoloute crap. Ive always tried dealing with it on a case by case basis ( i.e that cop was an asshole, but doesnt mean they all are) but now, why would anyone bother taking that approach ? Its obvious we are all the same hell bent stupid ass P platers out to cause trouble, isnt it...So why would we act any different towards police officers. It goes both ways guys.

A red sticker was slapped on my window and I was told it was my problem now.

You think that attitude gets respect from the 100 odd people looking on?

VH_Commodore_Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
if your car wasnt defective there wouldnt be a problem ... rules are rules obay them or dont ... but dont bitch about it when your caught .... BTW im not a cop but this is the same attitude i have towards Speeders who bitch that they got caught. ... fair enough you may not have known your car was defective, well i guess you do know

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
To the police on here, this isnt directed squarley at you, but, your collegues need to seriously re-evaluate the way they interact with the younger community. What they did in Penrith, Western Sydney last night was over the top. Sweeping through the carparks defecting everything they could, grounding several cars, including my commodore.

Do the members in your force EVER stop to think..gee we could handle this situation better...maybe the younger generation will begin to dislike us...or is common practice to defect first, ask questions later?

All the young kids with cars that I know grow up with nothing but disrespect and hatred for most of the police force since the ones that deal with them treat them like absoloute crap. Ive always tried dealing with it on a case by case basis ( i.e that cop was an asshole, but doesnt mean they all are) but now, why would anyone bother taking that approach ? Its obvious we are all the same hell bent stupid ass P platers out to cause trouble, isnt it...So why would we act any different towards police officers. It goes both ways guys.

A red sticker was slapped on my window and I was told it was my problem now.

You think that attitude gets respect from the 100 odd people looking on?
HAHAHAHAHA, oh my, young people are so hard done by, boo hoo, as posted above, if your car wass in a roadworthy state you wouldn't have a problem. I applaud when the police do this, it should be done more often.
Most young idiots(like yourself) grow up with that attitude because of lack of instilled discipline, not because of of what other people do. I am so sick to death of hearing whining little maggots like yourself whinging because you are so bloody hard done by.

CURSD

Reaction score
Members Ride
CURSD VP
Gee, nice choice of words champion, and im the one who needs to grow up?
Dont call me an idiot or a 'maggot'. You have no idea.

Attitude? You have no place to comment on my upbringing and the discipline used. Ive always shown respect.

minux I bet your car is 100% legal hey? Those heads and cam make the EPA happy? Everything was defective that night, so dont start that 'oh it should be roadworthy' crap with me.

If you learnt how to read champ, I wasnt whinging about being defected, its the attitude shown and the way people get treated. *sigh*

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Gee, nice choice of words champion, and im the one who needs to grow up?
Dont call me an idiot or a 'maggot'. You have no idea.

Attitude? You have no place to comment on my upbringing and the discipline used. Ive always shown respect.

minux I bet your car is 100% legal hey? Those heads and cam make the EPA happy? Everything was defective that night, so dont start that 'oh it should be roadworthy' crap with me.

If you learnt how to read champ, I wasnt whinging about being defected, its the attitude shown and the way people get treated. *sigh*

Everything on my car is legal, from emissions to noise, to ride height to brakes. I am always certain that when i drive my car everything is in perfect order, i also make a point of hanging out with myriads of other p platers who are always bound to do soemthing stupid to impress the lads.
I am sure if the police did my car over a few pissant things would get done, but i wouldn't whinge about it, i'd get them fixed and carry on with life.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Most young idiots(like yourself) grow up with that attitude because of lack of instilled discipline, not because of of what other people do.
well where do you think the lack of dicipline comes from? remember it's now illegal to hit your kids.
minux your not young anymore you wouldn't have a clue on what goes on (but like all old people i bet your real clued on:whistling ), the cops are very rude to anyone that looks to be a teenager, you know i have to make a formal complaint just about everytime i have a run in the the law! due to rudeness and disrespect, i don't know about you but when i talk to someone i don't talk down to them like a dog when they have done nothing wrong.
hell theres even a cop that has been after me for the last 2 years because he thought i was involved with something and could never pin me for it, now he'll pull me over just to waste my time:thumbsup:

like i say time and time again, when respect is showen i will show the same, i grew up thinking the plice were there to serve and protect not bully.