Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
well where do you think the lack of dicipline comes from? remember it's now illegal to hit your kids.
minux your not young anymore you wouldn't have a clue on what goes on (but like all old people i bet your real clued on:whistling ), the cops are very rude to anyone that looks to be a teenager, you know i have to make a formal complaint just about everytime i have a run in the the law! due to rudeness and disrespect, i don't know about you but when i talk to someone i don't talk down to them like a dog when they have done nothing wrong.
hell theres even a cop that has been after me for the last 2 years because he thought i was involved with something and could never pin me for it, now he'll pull me over just to waste my time:thumbsup:

like i say time and time again, when respect is showen i will show the same, i grew up thinking the plice were there to serve and protect not bully.

Mate, i have seen how young people talk and talk about police, 99% of the time they don't even realise they are doing it. My brother in law hates pulling over young males, because it is the same holier than thou attitude from a very high majority.

Oh but i forgot, as stated in an earlier post, it is never the younger persons fault, always everyone elses

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Mate, i have seen how young people talk and talk about police, 99% of the time they don't even realise they are doing it. My brother in law hates pulling over young males, because it is the same holier than thou attitude from a very high majority.

yea i won't disagree, there are alot of ppl like that and i wouldn't know but i guess 90% of the time they probably had their mates in the car and were just tryin to act tough, where as i know when i get pulled over i just keep my mouth shut and speak only when spoken to and do it as if im completly scared and it's the first time i've ever been pulled over:thumbsup: i find thats just the easiest and quickest way to get on my way.

anyway we've gone way of topic so i'll leave it at that.

CURSD

Reaction score
Members Ride
CURSD VP
anyway, moving on...im not arguing with you minux, we both have an opinion on how things work and im still angry i had to pay $200 to get my decent car home, but oh well.

I actually wanted to 'ask the copper' about how up to date they are kept with vehicle standards and roadworthy requirements. How often is this information revised, if at all? Ive just noticed some major contradictions between what the RTA tech centers tell me and what the officers regard as defectable.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
anyway, moving on...im not arguing with you minux, we both have an opinion on how things work and im still angry i had to pay $200 to get my decent car home, but oh well.

I actually wanted to 'ask the copper' about how up to date they are kept with vehicle standards and roadworthy requirements. How often is this information revised, if at all? Ive just noticed some major contradictions between what the RTA tech centers tell me and what the officers regard as defectable.

From experience, never listen to RTA, always investigate with your local police and lookup state guidelines as well as federal ADR's.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph

Maybe you should ask if they can have compulsary inspections every year like they do here. That way you will be kept up to date on what the standards are when you fail the inspection. A lot of the time you could be driving around in an unroadworthy car & not know about it. You should thank the copper who defected you, he may have saved your life

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
ive always lived by this rule amongst others i have

treat me how you want to be treated

you scratch my back ill scratch yours ect

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman

Yeah, Ive always been interested about how much training they get on roadworthy requirements, not as much as the proper transport inspectors I bet. One person I used to work with got a defect notice for having rust on the outside of his brake drums,WTF. Luckily this was before they actually started giving out fines for this type of stuff, all he had to do was turn up for inspection and the inspector said it was fine. If it was me and I was getting a fine for it i would be mighty pissed off. It was a lot better when it was only the transport inspectors were pulling people over. I got pulled over by them once and they went over my car and told me what was wrong, what I had to do to fix it and why it was dangerous. Now they just write a ticket because they dont like the look of you or your car.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
This has been covered at the start of this thread. The copper only has to have the opinion that it is unroadworthy. It is up to the RTA to decide if it complies to the relevant ADRs or not & clear the defect. The best you can do is not have any mods that are borderline & could be seen as defectable without the correct equipment to verify it.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
To the police on here, this isnt directed squarley at you, but, your collegues need to seriously re-evaluate the way they interact with the younger community. What they did in Penrith, Western Sydney last night was over the top. Sweeping through the carparks defecting everything they could, grounding several cars, including my commodore.

Do the members in your force EVER stop to think..gee we could handle this situation better...maybe the younger generation will begin to dislike us...or is common practice to defect first, ask questions later?

All the young kids with cars that I know grow up with nothing but disrespect and hatred for most of the police force since the ones that deal with them treat them like absoloute crap. Ive always tried dealing with it on a case by case basis ( i.e that cop was an asshole, but doesnt mean they all are) but now, why would anyone bother taking that approach ? Its obvious we are all the same hell bent stupid ass P platers out to cause trouble, isnt it...So why would we act any different towards police officers. It goes both ways guys.

A red sticker was slapped on my window and I was told it was my problem now.

You think that attitude gets respect from the 100 odd people looking on?

This occurred in Sydney therefore I can't answer for them.

However, when they turned up and started writing out defect notices I bet the others started taking off. If they did then mission accomplished. There has been times where we'll get called to a location where theres people hanging out in cars making nuisances of themselves. By about the third call regarding the same people we'll just head down and started defecting cars to get people to go away.

somerandom

Reaction score
i feel like im being picked on !! 5 times in 4 months i've been pulled over in my 'brothers' ford .. so nothing special.. 5 times pulled over in it.. lol.. thought they go for vl's etc. he just did licence check, bretho .. an just said slow down.. was only sitting on 71 in a 70.. and i knew he was behind me, meh.

just got back from qld sat. did 17hrs drive straight got pulled up by marked police vehicle last night at 3am on western ring'rd, cops are getting nicer each time they pull me over, so thumbs up _B :)

in qld (durack) where i was, i would be cruising around having a good time, you know.. i'd see so many freakn cops, unbelievable... but never got pulled over for anythin

since i left vic in bros ford, went to qld(left at 283,xxxk's now it sits on 288,xxxk's, came back.. tyres are bald as... nearly flat like no tread at all .. gonna throw some stockies on that have tread.. until i can get tyres for da mags... didn't have a good day other day, trans compression locked or somethin (rear wheels locked up)and sent me into gutter scraping my bros rear left rim lol