Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Hey does anyone know the fine for overloading your car with passengers in victoria?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Hey does anyone know the fine for overloading your car with passengers in victoria?

Wouldn't it make sense to just...not overload your car and not have to worry about it?, I remember about 2 years ago an XR6 P Plater with 8 people in it was drag racing on plenty rd and they wrapped it around a pole...there are limits on these kinds of things for a reason, Excess people can cause massive distractions to the driver and they won't be correctly restrained in any seats/boot (yes people ride in boots)...and the back of utes , seen alot of stupid sh** in only my 23 years.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Wouldn't it make sense to just...not overload your car and not have to worry about it?, I remember about 2 years ago an XR6 P Plater with 8 people in it was drag racing on plenty rd and they wrapped it around a pole...there are limits on these kinds of things for a reason, Excess people can cause massive distractions to the driver and they won't be correctly restrained in any seats/boot (yes people ride in boots)...and the back of utes , seen alot of stupid sh** in only my 23 years.

Know a guy that was being fully sick in his VN, had 2 people in the boot and 7 in the car. Ran straight in to a telegraph pole in an industrial area. Could have been a lot worse then it was.

Im with Delish - Why would you ask before doing it. Im sure it would be cheaper to shout a cab for the extra people then to cop the fine.

Its also kind of one of those things that you just can't miss. kind of hard to hide 2 extra people in the back seat.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
i know for a fact this has been asked before, but im going to ask it again.

in this day and age with everything they have on their cars/bikes.
is an officer able to give you a speeding ticket because he guesed that i was speeding by a certain amount ?

he did not have any equipment on his bike and openly admitted that to me..

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Fairly certain most cops can check speed against their own speedo's and that's good enough, if he followed you while you were speeding n kept the same speed you might not have much of a case.