Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Vic Cop is busy with his new wife & life. Too much bullshit goes on here, so like many others, he doesn't bother. I know him and can 100% confirm he is a Victorian Police Officer.

...and buying a house at that. I'm on a couple of months holiday at the moment and had time to pop in.

why do divy vans sound so mean? anyone else notice this?

Yes! I noticed this particularly with the Holden Crewman as they were being used as div vans when I was last at a uniform station. I don't know if the new VE utes sound the same. I think it's mostly the wind resistance noise created by having the pod on the back and the wind going over and dragging off the back. Also the engines would sound a lot more rough than your average car on the road due to the heavy wear and tear.

I also notice that the V8 sound of the Highway Patrol cars is a bit more rumblier than usual. That could be just because those drivers are really putting the boot in on take-off.

If you look through the pages, there was someone called VicCop, but hasn't answered in a while. Also, there's obviously no proof that they were or are a member of any police force.

What Kikki said, I'm the real deal. However I don't work out on the road in traffic or general duties anymore but I hope to get to Highway Patrol before the year is out as I'm getting set for my next move.

I think all things come down to the coppers discretion themselves. A few years back I was punching it towards Westmead hospital (syd) on a suspended license and a car came up my ars* so I gunned it more thinking it was a stupid p plater. (Commys lol) Sirens came on. Copper runs up to my window and goes how come you're speeding? I thought I was done for. I said, "my sister in law is giving birth now, Im on the way to the hospital." He let me go. Gotta see if I can use that excuse again though...

That's correct. Every copper is able to exercise a degree of discretion as well as applying the 'attitude' test.

What's the go on displaying rego stickers? Mine was falling off so I reapplied it with some double sided tape, under the blue tint at the top windshield, I like it there because I can hardly see it, for that reason I imagine it could be a no no?

Rego labels are really not that much of a big deal. Just do what you can to have it up or if it can't go up for whatever reason at least have it with you. I suppose though if you follow the law strictly, you should order a replacement but I think you get charged a fee for that.

Is it illegal to put new your rego sticker thats paid for, on 2-3 days before the old one runs out?

My current sticker is hanging off also about half way and aside from using better tape, it pops off after a while, especially in heat.

My rego is due now in 2 days and i've paid for it and written the receipt number on the sticker, but not sure if its ok to shove on the window yet.

As soon as it's paid it can be displayed. There's a message on the back of each one that says "Not valid until payment is made".

nickant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais S/C
Hi guys, just a quick question if anyone has time to answer it..
When you pull over someone and bring up the car details, does it show up if its stock turbocharged or supercharged?
I ask because im on my p's and drive a S/C Vy, but its all good coz iv got an exeption on it... But iv never been asked to see it or had my bonnet popped.. And my car stands out a fair bit around my town....

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Thanks Vic cop! For the record a replacement rego sticker is free under certain conditions. When I bought my car early last year, the dealer paid for a whole new years rego, I never received the new sticker, so replacement was free :)

Sent from my ancient iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

veeesix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
i know for a fact this has been asked before, but im going to ask it again.

in this day and age with everything they have on their cars/bikes.
is an officer able to give you a speeding ticket because he guesed that i was speeding by a certain amount ?

he did not have any equipment on his bike and openly admitted that to me..

Yeah, you can be done for that.
My dad (A vic cop who did traffic work but does surveillance now) was telling me about it. He just needs to judge it and say he's been on the road for this amount of time, he was going this speed, he knows the other guy was driving at least xxkm/h.
But he has been out of trffic for a good 15 years now so maybe you'd get away with it now

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Hi guys, just a quick question if anyone has time to answer it..
When you pull over someone and bring up the car details, does it show up if its stock turbocharged or supercharged?
I ask because im on my p's and drive a S/C Vy, but its all good coz iv got an exeption on it... But iv never been asked to see it or had my bonnet popped.. And my car stands out a fair bit around my town....

Rego just comes up with minimum registration requirements i.e. make, model, colour, sometimes series, engine and VIN.

Yeah, you can be done for that.
My dad (A vic cop who did traffic work but does surveillance now) was telling me about it. He just needs to judge it and say he's been on the road for this amount of time, he was going this speed, he knows the other guy was driving at least xxkm/h.
But he has been out of trffic for a good 15 years now so maybe you'd get away with it now

Nothing has changed. Police, especially traffic, become experts at judging and estimating speed over time.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
I have a question :) and before you ask no i haven't been done just curious

if your doing 60km's in a 50 zone (speeding), then turn into a 60 zone, still doing 60km, But a cop saw you doing 60 in the 50 zone, can he still book you for speeding even though the area he is giving you the ticket in you weren't speeding?

hope this kind of makes sense, just curious as to what the outcome would be, end of the day the driver should get done, but can deny ever speeding.

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
As long as they have an accurate reading and if they dont, prepare your car to get a good old look over with the fine tooth comb when you complain that your in a 60 zone now :)

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I have a question :) and before you ask no i haven't been done just curious

if your doing 60km's in a 50 zone (speeding), then turn into a 60 zone, still doing 60km, But a cop saw you doing 60 in the 50 zone, can he still book you for speeding even though the area he is giving you the ticket in you weren't speeding?

hope this kind of makes sense, just curious as to what the outcome would be, end of the day the driver should get done, but can deny ever speeding.

So if I'm doing 100km/h and come out of a side street 50 zone and turn onto a 100 zone, it's ok?