Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSAvtSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SUPER 6 S
are the cruise control units engine specific, i have a 5.0 manual VT, looking at buying one of ebay (if its the right price)

evl55

evl55
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
abs

hi, i have an abs fault coming up and is on constant. i have changed the module the speed sensors, all the fuses are fine. where else can i look??? the fault comes up as rear wheel speed sensor. it is a vy ss ute, no trac control. any help would be awesome!! thanks

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Never mind, thanks anyway.

Last edited:

mavrik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
VZ commodore Blinker stay on BCM issue?

Hi Dr Bob,

I have a VZ commodore when using the remote key to lock makes the left hand blinker stay on. This is a BCM issue. I have heard it can be repaired instead of being replaced which is a pain requiring new keys etc?

Can you help me please?

Chris

oh no...

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE 3.6 Calais
Uh Oh... Air con has shat itself!

Hi,
I have a series II VT Calais.
I've had intermittent Transmission warning light coming on for some time, recently this has changed to intermittent Traction Control light coming on and the button does not work to turn it off. Both those conditions go away after a re-start.

I've also noticed that sometimes the engine fan comes on when I start the engine - sometimes coincides with Traction Control light - if I turn engine off and restart it's OK again.

Yesterday while driving with air-con on auto the air-con suddenly turned itself off. I played with the buttons but no joy. I stopped the car and turned the ignition off and restarted the engine but still no air-con until I pressed the fan control button to max (by the way, all dash LCD readings or whatever you call them indicate fine). The air-con now only works if I have the fan control set to max and then it freezes me solid! Also, I can't select feet and face mode to divert some cold air away from my face.

I'm sure I saw in this or similar forum a couple of years back that all these symptoms are due to the ABS module? I've searched but haven't been able to find it again.
Anyone got some tips as to where to look and what to do? I don't want to spend heaps of $$ on this as I want to trade it in for another Calais (yeah, I know - slow learner).

Thanks,
Dave.

oh no...

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE 3.6 Calais
Dear Doctor Bob, If you can help I would be obliged...
Hi,
I have a series II VT Calais.
I've had intermittent Transmission warning light coming on for some time, recently this has changed to intermittent Traction Control light coming on and the button does not work to turn it off. Both those conditions go away after a re-start.

I've also noticed that sometimes the engine fan comes on when I start the engine - sometimes coincides with Traction Control light - if I turn engine off and restart it's OK again.

Yesterday while driving with air-con on auto the air-con suddenly turned itself off. I played with the buttons but no joy. I stopped the car and turned the ignition off and restarted the engine but still no air-con until I pressed the fan control button to max (by the way, all dash LCD readings or whatever you call them indicate fine). The air-con now only works if I have the fan control set to max and then it freezes me solid! Also, I can't select feet and face mode to divert some cold air away from my face.

I'm sure I saw in this or similar forum a couple of years back that all these symptoms are due to the ABS module? I've searched but haven't been able to find it again.
Anyone got some tips as to where to look and what to do? I don't want to spend heaps of $$ on this as I want to trade it in for another Calais (yeah, I know - slow learner).

Thanks,
Dave.
Update:
It is only the fan that doesn't work on the lower settings, I can hear the engine fan and air-con compressor cut in when I switch the air-con on, but no air comes out unless fan is set to max. All modes work except the combined face/feet one. The re-circ control also works as normal.
So, anyone got any ideas??:help:

Last edited:

benscommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
wtf

hey i have a vs 95 commy and my fuel pump died in the ass so i replaced it and my fuel filter, took it for a drive all went well but on my way to work this morning it died again and i lost all my interior lights. any ideas what her problem is?

smoken_VS

Perth wa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Vx Commodore sedan
hey bob my 95 vs is chugging along like a old bucket of puss. at low acceleration it will run ok. when i put foot down nothing. when i first start the car it will run ok for 5 mins before the problem comes back. what are the possible parts to replace?

FIN990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
vx leaking water but water tep guage shows normal ???

my vx seem 2 be getting hot and over heating but hears the thing my temp gauge dose not go past half way so its not over heating i just had the heads done about 12 months ago so were could the water be coming from i am just about to change my radiator cap in case it is sticking any one have any ideas PS thermostat was replace when heads were done.

tekepiro

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8vn
i have a problem with 92 vn wen i turn my head lights on my car cuts out the high bean fuse is melted and the standerd alarm plays up is it a short in the wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.