Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

vz 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz station wagon
hey mate i recently just purchased a 05 vz sw.it just started to idle funny like a bit of vibration i took it to a mecanic to get a scan done it came up with possible oxygen sensors or possible knock sensor.its still under waranty so i took it back where i got it from.they said that the mecanic is full of crap and that it will only b the spark plugs or coil packs.they also said the computer will tell you wen sumthing is wrong but it says that the system is ok on start up.but the mecanis said theres two of each sensor so only 1 will b not workin so thats y is says system ok.help please

paskidt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore wagon
vy wagon back door is stuck how can you get it open

Hi Dr bob
our vy wagon back door (not passenger door, but right at the back) is stuck and won't open, how can you take off the inside trim to get to the lock?
thanks

tj24fmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s1
urgent help

hi, i own a 1990 vn s1 v6 and am just about to replace the fuel pump in it. Do you know if there are any differences between the s1 fuel pumps and the vn s2, vp,vr,vs and so on, or are they the same? just thought i'd ask as i know there are quite alot of differences between alot of the parts on the car so i dont go out and buy the wrong one.:confused:

Calais015

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Harmonic Balancer

Hi there, I was wondering if someone can help me ...first my balancer is shot on my VR Calais ...secondly can't get the bolt off, Tried tension wrench with a one metre bar.. turning over with bar under chasis rail...rattle gun..and it seems to have a red residue around the bolt like locktite ..but I'm not sure...any suggestions on how to get it off ???
and also the balancer on it has 3 holes in the face and the new one doesn't cos it came off a VN...will it fit??

Sheany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S SuperCharged
When I did my harmonic balancer, I had the same issue as you re: centre bolt. However after a few days of driving, because I had loosened it a little, it had started to makes it's own way out.
The holes in the face are there to allow you to use a puller to get if off the crankshaft. I don't see why there'd be any incompatability using a VN unit on a VR, they're both Buick engines.

Calais015

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Well thanks for your quick reply ..i would love to be able to loosen the bolt by driving it ..but its sounds like crap...so I think I have 2 options left not sure if both are viable or not ...1. heat bolt with a torch to loosen the locktite if any ...2. Drill out the bolt ...It is starting to sound drastic...it's been immobile for 5 days and is driving me quite mad to be honest ...

mr5ltrberlina

hillmo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5ltr
help me

het bud.
i just rebuilt my 5ltr with a deck/bore job, some nice flat tops and an angry cam. it goes like a rocketship, only problem i am having is the bloody engine lihjt keeps on appearing and it idles at 1200rpm. i have replaced o2 sensor, coolant temp sensor and map senor, it has also had an sv5000 tune loaded onto the memcal. should i ignore this pain in the arse? what should i do...??? HELP!!!

roby02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe wagon
hi bob
can you tell me if the cluster from a vr/vs v8 calais is the same as the same type statesmans,
the clusters digital readouts hard to read so want to replace thanks

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Hi Bob,
I'm half way through reading your entire thread. Some good information in here, you are to be commended.

I'm wondering if you can answer a couple of q's for me.

1: I have seen you tell another person who originally sold their Commodore. If I give the vin could you tell me where my car was originally sold from? 6H8VRK19URL746314

2: It's a blue genesis mica August '94 VR SS and has blue SS decals on right rear door and boot but the left rear door has a red decal. I would think the red is a replacement at some stage. I have searched high and low for blue SS decals to replace it and can't find any. Which brings me to the question.. Are the blue ones ring ins or the single red? Were there any SS's with blue decals? Seats have blue SS also. Every other genesis mica SS I have seen has red decals.

Cheers!

millz86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
hey my wipers are no loger working on my VT Everytime I change the fuse and start the car the fuse blows. Is there a short some where that I can not see or does the motor need to be replaced??

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.