Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Mac Techie

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Yeah Im not able to boot it with the DVD at all.. Does nothing but spit it out after a minute or two....

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Ah ok Mate, Well Try once you hear the machine chime. Hold down the option key like you would to boot into Windows, When you see the 2 drives show up, put the disc in, then see if it will read and show up then. If it still spits it out, check and make sure the disc is clean.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
ok, yeah tried that just now and it spat the dvd out again. Tried it another two times after I gave the disc a good clean and it still spat it out...I

think its pretty rooted....

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Is it the exact DVD 1 Install that came with the computer ? Also do you have a External USB DVD drive ? If so give that a Go. if the Drive is spitting out the DVD the drive is unable to read the disc. There could be a chance your DVD drive might be faulty as well if its failing to read the Disc.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
hey mate,

got a new macbook pro couple of months back, hooked up to the wireless net in our house, though i cannot stay on it for longer than 5 minutes without getting thrown off! in network diagnostics all the little green lights, the bottom two 'internet' & 'server' fail and turn red. i literally cant go longer then max 10minutes before this happens. tried following the diagnostics in there but no luck, my mum has a desktop PC and one of those tiny PC notebooks and she doesnt have any issues at all.. she only has issues when i have my laptop on, and i get thrown off the net, the router comes up as a red light too......

any ideas? cause it is giving me the absolute shits!!!!! and because my mum has no issues i figured its not a router problem, but something to do with my laptop....

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
hey mate,

got a new macbook pro couple of months back, hooked up to the wireless net in our house, though i cannot stay on it for longer than 5 minutes without getting thrown off! in network diagnostics all the little green lights, the bottom two 'internet' & 'server' fail and turn red. i literally cant go longer then max 10minutes before this happens. tried following the diagnostics in there but no luck, my mum has a desktop PC and one of those tiny PC notebooks and she doesnt have any issues at all.. she only has issues when i have my laptop on, and i get thrown off the net, the router comes up as a red light too......

any ideas? cause it is giving me the absolute shits!!!!! and because my mum has no issues i figured its not a router problem, but something to do with my laptop....

Hey Mate.

To start with. Try creating a new Network location. Go to System Prefs/Network/ & Click Locations, Click Edit, Then click the Plus button and create a new location. S

See how you go with that mate, Failing that. Set to the modem up from scratch again. IE Reset it to factory defaults holding the reset button down for 10-15 seconds, be sure to have all your modem details so you can enter them back in.

If it still disconnects, try another wireless network at a mates place and see how you go. If it works fine, you can rule out the MacBook Pro, then you can confirm its your own network. How old is the modem ? If its old might be a idea to upgrade it to wireless N. Screen shot 2011-09-15 at 9.58.53 PM.png

I have seen this a few time with a few clients and we have had to upgrade the modem. Hope this gives you a few ideas to start with.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
cheers mate, ill sus it out

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
hi
i got MCB pro i5 dual core and upgraded to OS Lion ,but since i did the upgrade the mac's processing speed has decresed
and also do we need to install any anti virus for mac's as i do use alot of internet and download torrents and do file sharing .
at the moment i got peer guardian install to hide my ip address .Do u reckon i need to install anything ellse to be safe while using all these programmes

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Mate.

With Lion, I Personally have not had much of a chance to use it yet, So not to sure with the bugs it still has. OSX Lion is more processor hungry and RAM hungry, like any new OS it will use more resources.
And with Anti Virus, I dont use anything and i have been to every possible risky site and no problems, so long as you dont enter any personal details into anything unless its a verified online store. dont worry.
Only known virus or malware is called mac defender, but you still have to install it via a password and clicking agree to install.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
hey mate just wanted to say i got my iphone fixed for 30 bucks! lol