Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussie/China relationship........

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That exact thought was at the front of my mind when I started this thread but we are monitoring the situation.....

edit: this is what they want though, to be too scared to talk about what they do. We need to stand up to the bullies that they are.
I’m too scared to put a like on that comment. A black van will show up in my street.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Comparing a WW2 plane to a F35 is a joke right?

Not a joke.
Comparing our capabilities in 1942, to our capabilities now, is the joke.
We can't build trains on time to budget. (NSW Millennial trains), we can't build Navy ships on time to budget, we bought clapped out US Navy vessels that cost as much to restore as to buy new ones, (HMAS Kaninbla and Manoora) we can't build a replacement for the Aurora Australis, oil companies are shutting refineries, we have to import labour from overseas to pick crops because Aussies think it is hard work, we have electricity shortages ............... ohhh,............ forgot, and we can't even build cars anymore.
Sounds like Paul Keating's Banana Republic to me.
Anyhow, enough written, any more will be like shouting at the clouds.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
IF it does, simply go and say hello, then call the cops and report a suspicious black van that was following a child to the local cops :)

edit: don't forget to photograph the occupants and post photos all over social media, name and shame so speak!

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I’m too scared to put a like on that comment. A black van will show up in my street.

Its already there

3qP4OBtmFtmT73R30_3xx2tRd4qCeihI2qT9Ha-EgsI.jpg

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Not a joke.
Comparing our capabilities in 1942, to our capabilities now, is the joke.
We can't build trains on time to budget. (NSW Millennial trains), we can't build Navy ships on time to budget, we bought clapped out US Navy vessels that cost as much to restore as to buy new ones, (HMAS Kaninbla and Manoora) we can't build a replacement for the Aurora Australis, oil companies are shutting refineries, we have to import labour from overseas to pick crops because Aussies think it is hard work, we have electricity shortages ............... ohhh,............ forgot, and we can't even build cars anymore.
Sounds like Paul Keating's Banana Republic to me.
Anyhow, enough written, any more will be like shouting at the clouds.

Ah you're to negative you don't win being negative.
Relax man we can do it have faith.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
China as a major trading partner is Krudd's legacy. During his term, the Gov encouraged trade with China making us more or less totally reliant on them as a trading partner. China has placed themselves in a very economic dominant position over Australia and will damage quite a lot of our industry here as a result of sanctions and tariffs they have imposed.

As a people, they are very arrogant and dominant, as a nation just the same. The company I work for is Japanese owned and they will assimilate, unlike the Chinese that want to dominate and segregate.
Howard was the one that gave it, trade with China, a kickstart... followed up with Abbott signing the free trade agreement in Nov 2014.
Chinese leader Xi Jinping then addressed a joint-sitting of the Upper and Lower Houses of Australian Parliament in November 2014, lauding Australia's 'innovation and global influence' . Rudd kept things going after Howard...

Both major parties share a belief we have to live with, trade with, deal with China. Not necessarily a bad thing... unless China turns rabid.
Which it appears it has...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if this Covid thing didnt happen China would have got us, its only by this happening that the spotlight was moved onto them and im glad it was, China almost got the key to Australia (belt and road thanks to dan andrews selling Vic to them) we all know how every other country went after signing that piece of paper once they couldnt make payments... China dosnt alter repayments they just take land/industry so they can eventually own the world little by little

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
When PM John Howard dragged our arses into Afganistan, Iraq...etc...under false pretense, lies and FAKE news ..
19 years later....right?...19 years later
That was and still is a crime against all Australian people and the innocent peoples of all those nations.

In my humble opinion, Australia needs to also show the same disrespect and contempt for all the war crimes of the USA

Why are the superiors of these Australian Special Forces soldiers not held to account for any of it..?
Or did I miss the memo??....*channels Tracy Grimshaw* :cool:

Last edited: