Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto vs manual debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
i could say the same thing about you being an ls1 owner, but im sure i can find a fair few ls1 owners that actually agree with my opinion. there are just some things you cant do to your engine to change the sound, such as firing orders and the material your parts are made from. i think its more a mentality of, oh mine is bigger so it must sound better. anyways doesnt matter. off topic once again

that actully was my point. stock for stock yeh the 5L wins, cammed ls1 does sound nice though. its got nothing to do with how big anything is, and yes off topic.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
your the one who went and made the ls1 comment lol. by the way a cammed ls1 sounds better then an 5L end of story. my point is i didnt build a fast car because of my penis size, more the fact that i enjoy driving a fast car.

Huh? I said i'd buy a LS1 when i want high hp, thats not bagging them. Thats all you 'tried' to do with your comment about the 5L. Either way, your one of few people on the planet who think a cammed LS1 sounds better than a 5L, most people know the 5L sounds better, as much as they probably don't want to admit it ;) I didn't expect anything less from you tho, i've seen your posts around. Your the biggest LS1 fanboy since TigaMita (he loved his SS so much he was sure the colour was called 'mita' haha)

Whats it matter, they all end up locked anyway. auto vs manual, holden vs ford, 5L vs 5.7L, p platers vs old drivers.....:whistling

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
true, in that case stuff you all, my car is the bestest in the world LOL:whistling:yeah::w00t:

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
Huh? I said i'd buy a LS1 when i want high hp, thats not bagging them. Thats all you 'tried' to do with your comment about the 5L. Either way, your one of few people on the planet who think a cammed LS1 sounds better than a 5L, most people know the 5L sounds better, as much as they probably don't want to admit it ;) I didn't expect anything less from you tho, i've seen your posts around. Your the biggest LS1 fanboy since TigaMita (he loved his SS so much he was sure the colour was called 'mita' haha)

Whats it matter, they all end up locked anyway. auto vs manual, holden vs ford, 5L vs 5.7L, p platers vs old drivers.....:whistling

gotta love the ls1 fanboy ****, i see things as they are not because i own somthing. for ur information id much prefer an ls3 over an ls1, why? because its a better engine, hence why i express my opinion as to why the ls1 is better then the 5L, simply because it is. im not as narrow minded as some people around here who think what they own is the greatest thing around. ie certain people who claim the vs hsv is the best looking car ever and wouldnt own anything else, just because they own a vs hsv. stupid really.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Yeh, i tend to agree with that....There certainly is a lot of narrow minded people around here!

I own 5 litres for a few reasons.

1: They are one of the cheapest injected V8's you can buy

2: The cars i own are too expensive to convert to LS1 (don't want a late model car)

3: Iv'e always liked them.

However, i can admit that the LS1 is a better engine and much easier to extract power from.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
gotta love the ls1 fanboy ****, i see things as they are not because i own somthing. for ur information id much prefer an ls3 over an ls1, why? because its a better engine, hence why i express my opinion as to why the ls1 is better then the 5L, simply because it is. im not as narrow minded as some people around here who think what they own is the greatest thing around. ie certain people who claim the vs hsv is the best looking car ever and wouldnt own anything else, just because they own a vs hsv. stupid really.

some things just cant be let go huh. everyone has different ideas about what is better. yes the LS1/LS3 has more power than a 5 litre, but some people prefer the better looking, better sounding old school appeal about the 304. we still get to fiddle around with things like distributors, instead of having locked ECUs that cost $1000 to unlock them. some of us just want to cruise a car around with a nice note to it, instead of trying to race everything in a straight line.

as for the vs hsv thing. i do believe they are the best looking one, hence why i bought a vr. this was back before hsv started adding everything they could to their cars, such as foglights and crap that go against the main idea of their clubsports in the first place. they are a simple design that works well and looks great, without having to continuously add new stuff to them to try make them look better. (concept photos of E series 2 hsv?) no unnecessary vents anywhere on my car

i dont have anything against newer cars. i was going to buy a VY SS, but changed my mind for a few reasons. so i do respect the power that can be achieved with the newer engines, but the older ones still have their place and have no reason to be called crap, as less than a decade ago im sure there were many people with mindsets like yours that were doing everything they could to get the maximum power out of these "crap" engines

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
some things just cant be let go huh. everyone has different ideas about what is better. yes the LS1/LS3 has more power than a 5 litre, but some people prefer the better looking, better sounding old school appeal about the 304. we still get to fiddle around with things like distributors, instead of having locked ECUs that cost $1000 to unlock them. some of us just want to cruise a car around with a nice note to it, instead of trying to race everything in a straight line.

as for the vs hsv thing. i do believe they are the best looking one, hence why i bought a vr. this was back before hsv started adding everything they could to their cars, such as foglights and crap that go against the main idea of their clubsports in the first place. they are a simple design that works well and looks great, without having to continuously add new stuff to them to try make them look better. (concept photos of E series 2 hsv?) no unnecessary vents anywhere on my car

i dont have anything against newer cars. i was going to buy a VY SS, but changed my mind for a few reasons. so i do respect the power that can be achieved with the newer engines, but the older ones still have their place and have no reason to be called crap, as less than a decade ago im sure there were many people with mindsets like yours that were doing everything they could to get the maximum power out of these "crap" engines

I really cant be bothered arging which engine is better with u again mate, we did that enough in the last thread, just to clear things up the VS HSV comment wasnt made about you, just other certain forum members. also i dont recall ever saying the 5L is a "crap engine" it is just my OPINION that the new stuff is better. I as many other people over australia and the US enjoy easy power with great fuel economy hence why the LS1 has its very own forum. you like the 5L, thats great people ask for opinion on things and i give my opinion. simple

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
This thread is pathetic, listen to everyone ranting 5Litres verus LS1's, keep your head on your shoulders and think rationally for a minute. We all know the Ecotech is the fast and best sounding engine around. Also the T5 manual is the best ever gearbox, quick shifts and better then any auto or Getrag.

On that note, Bullbars add aero-dynamics for Drag Racing, Circuit, Peak hour traffic and car park saloon.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Crap, I'm still living in the day of the carby'd VH, coz that's what I like, not coz that's what everyone else like. Cars are all about opinion and personal choice, some people have to get over that the newest isn't always a must. I swear by carby over computer, I swear by chrome over plastic and of course not everyone, but I'm sure there are some out there that agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.