Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto vs manual debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
I was waiting for the 5L comments.

I bought the 5L for the sound. Pisses all over an LS1 in that department. My post above clearly outlines when i decide i want high HP, i'll choose the LS1 over the 5L ;) I'll spell it out for you, we're agreeing.......

your the one who went and made the ls1 comment lol. by the way a cammed ls1 sounds better then an 5L end of story. my point is i didnt build a fast car because of my penis size, more the fact that i enjoy driving a fast car.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
your the one who went and made the ls1 comment lol. by the way a cammed ls1 sounds better then an 5L end of story. my point is i didnt build a fast car because of my penis size, more the fact that i enjoy driving a fast car.

id still prefer the sound of a stock 304 over a cammed ls1 and im sure many would agree. bit off topic though

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
i just got home and couldnt be bothered reading the last page :p

dont bother, its the age old manual v auto conflict, still, always a bit of fun.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
says the 5L owner lol. everyone likes different things. all is good.

i could say the same thing about you being an ls1 owner, but im sure i can find a fair few ls1 owners that actually agree with my opinion. there are just some things you cant do to your engine to change the sound, such as firing orders and the material your parts are made from. i think its more a mentality of, oh mine is bigger so it must sound better. anyways doesnt matter. off topic once again

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
save the 5.0 vs 5.7 for another thread or it will be locked, this is a bout auto vs manual.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
how so, look at the serious powered cars, all drag cars run very highly stalled autos,

I see, you are obviously referring to F1 and V8 supercar and similar

drag cars are auto.

What i was pointing out was that high hp cars such as drag cars are quicker with the use of an auto but say a lower displacement car for example an astra, a manual will be quicker.

yeh but he said the fast shift transmissions are manual, but there, the fastest shifting transmission are clearly in drag cars and there all auto.

I was referring to transmissions such as the SMG box that BMW engineered and used for many of their production cars, to my knowledge shifts quicker (within milliseconds) than any auto including drag cars

lol its not that hard to slot the car into gear in a manual anyways. first too second is easy enough, and with a ripshifter hitting third isnt all the hard either. the reason serious racers drive auto is simply because its faster.

Depends where your racing, manual will always be quicker around the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.