Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Automatic transmission service 2013 VF Sportswagon

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Sportswagon
Hi,

Can anyone give me a guide to doing a transmission service? It’s mainly the refill and then checking correct amount has been added that I need more info on.

Thanks in advance guys!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hi,

Can anyone give me a guide to doing a transmission service? It’s mainly the refill and then checking correct amount has been added that I need more info on.

Thanks in advance guys!

Draining and refilling the pan only removes about a third of the fluid. If you want to do it properly, you'll need to get a full flush at roughly twice the cost as they use shitloads of fluid to flush the tranny and torque converter.

You can't check the amount as there is no dipstick. Find a reputable shop and take them at their word.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I did the whole flush on my wagon when I had her and added the deep pan wide mouth filter at the same time. Get a TCU reset and you'll be sweet.

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Sportswagon
Just did the service this weekend. Hardest part was trying to make sure the vehicle was level!! Keeping in mind a had the front up on ramps and the rear lifted and held with jack stands... but is there a spot you can put a small level to check it’s actually level??

It’s pretty important considering the fluid level reading relies on this big time.

Thanks in advance for any tips or tricks

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Check the 'for sale' section, I have 2 x 6L80E/6L90E dipsticks for these transmission for sale. Fit it before you do the service to confirm the level on the dipstick. Do the service and refill to the same level. Easy! :)

I fitted mine before adding an inline cooler behind the bumper bar and it made filling and checking level easy. :)

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
My Series 1 Calais V Auto V6 has done 120000k and is due for its engine service which I will have done shortly. As a separate issue, the auto transmission is performing with no issues and I have not noticed any changes but are wondering if it would be wise to have the transmission serviced as part of a preventative maintenance regime. The vehicle operates in 90% country driving ie 100-120km/h and if I had the service undertaken what would the expected cost be. Also I could not find any dipstick to check the oil level and condition of the oil.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
My Series 1 Calais V Auto V6 has done 120000k and is due for its engine service which I will have done shortly. As a separate issue, the auto transmission is performing with no issues and I have not noticed any changes but are wondering if it would be wise to have the transmission serviced as part of a preventative maintenance regime. The vehicle operates in 90% country driving ie 100-120km/h and if I had the service undertaken what would the expected cost be. Also I could not find any dipstick to check the oil level and condition of the oil.

Zappaboy, if you read the second post in this thread, as TML678 stated, there is no transmission dipstick. You need to have the car level and fill the transmission to the filler plug level. Hence GMVPSS's post above where he has dipstick for sale to add to these transmissions.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
i just drain the fluid , measure what came out and pump same amount back in

Kiwi1338

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vf
looks like no one knows .
no straight answer.