Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Capped price service

Justcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
Hey there gents. Can anyone chime in on what they usually pay for a logbook service at the dealership? I’ve been paying over $600 when capped price service guide states it’s $299. Not sure if it’s just me or what’s the go. I drive a vf commodore 16. Thanks gents

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
That Correct, "CRAPPED" price service

CRAPPED price service should be approx. $280 > $300, being it's an incentive to return,
But make sure they have DONE EVERYTHING !
As I had a CRAPPED price service on my " 1989 VN Update", 1996 VS II Aclaim, and VE S1 Berlina, (all new Cars I had purchased) and Reg Hunt Motors, & Brighton Holden NEVER did everything !

So I set my cars up to see if they did, and caught them out most of the times,
So I challenged them, and they swore black and blue their "TECHNITIONS did all the work,
Well they came unstuck everytime I had set them up, they just didn't get it !

I Didn't mind paying for a Service,
but refuse to GET FCKED over, and pay for stuff that wasnt done !

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Have you asked the dealer why you are paying double ?

Reactions: Lex

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Thanks gents
There are ladies too:)
If I recall, our 2017 car was initially something like $279 for the first two or three services, then went up to $329 or something.
I’ve since moved from where the dealership was and now take it to a local guy.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Justcomm, just google capped price servicing and you’ll get Holden’s web site

and within the above web page it links the following price schedule for premium capped price service for vehicles less than 5 years old (while premium service costs are dealer dependant for vehicles > 5 years old)…

From that page the CPS price schedule is listed below

Odd thing is that when I bought my VF it was a CPS qualified vehicle and there was no mention of this 5 year time limit. Seems Holden just unilaterally changed the meaning of lifetime and capped price… but for what it’s worth, I’ve been paying $259 till you service and now $319…

With that in mind and considering that the last of the VF’s would have been sold 2018, this year is probably their last $319 for any qualifying vehicle…

And the google search also came up with the following article (which is just another fcuk you from GM)

GM are fcuken arseholes as their lifetime capped price servicing ends before my vehicle warranty has even finished…. lifetime my arse :rolleyes:

Justcomm, if your car is < 5 years old when those exy $600 services were done, I’d be giving Holden Customer Care a call and confirming that your car qualified for CPS and then I’d be speaking sternly to the dealer principle…

Justcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
@Justcomm, just google capped price servicing and you’ll get Holden’s web site

[/URL]

and within the above web page it links the following price schedule for premium capped price service for vehicles less than 5 years old (while premium service costs are dealer dependant for vehicles > 5 years old)…

From that page the CPS price schedule is listed below

[/URL]

Odd thing is that when I bought my VF it was a CPS qualified vehicle and there was no mention of this 5 year time limit. Seems Holden just unilaterally changed the meaning of lifetime and capped price… but for what it’s worth, I’ve been paying $259 till you service and now $319…

With that in mind and considering that the last of the VF’s would have been sold 2018, this year is probably their last $319 for any qualifying vehicle…

And the google search also came up with the following article (which is just another fcuk you from GM)

[/URL]

GM are fcuken arseholes as their lifetime capped price servicing ends before my vehicle warranty has even finished…. lifetime my arse :rolleyes:

Justcomm, if your car is < 5 years old when those exy $600 services were done, I’d be giving Holden Customer Care a call and confirming that your car qualified for CPS and then I’d be speaking sternly to the dealer principle…
Thankyou legends , I will follow sound advice of skylarking and have a word to customer care tomorrow as it was <5year old when I first started to receive those exxy prices.

Justcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
That Correct, "CRAPPED" price service

CRAPPED price service should be approx. $280 > $300, being it's an incentive to return,
But make sure they have DONE EVERYTHING !
As I had a CRAPPED price service on my " 1989 VN Update", 1996 VS II Aclaim, and VE S1 Berlina, (all new Cars I had purchased) and Reg Hunt Motors, & Brighton Holden NEVER did everything !

So I set my cars up to see if they did, and caught them out most of the times,
So I challenged them, and they swore black and blue their "TECHNITIONS did all the work,
Well they came unstuck everytime I had set them up, they just didn't get it !

I Didn't mind paying for a Service,
but refuse to GET FCKED over, and pay for stuff that wasnt done !
Yeah they also weren’t maintaining it to the standard of the service they claim which is a shame. Brakes and rotors got worn down and they didn’t even say anything plus several other little faults

Justcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
Have you asked the dealer why you are paying double ?
I asked when they jumped the price but they used there tactics to try to explain that it wasn’t the case.

Justcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
There are ladies too:)
If I recall, our 2017 car was initially something like $279 for the first two or three services, then went up to $329 or something.
I’ve since moved from where the dealership was and now take it to a local guy.
My apologies, seems it might be the way to go from now. I mean the standard is poor makes me wonder that they are even doing anything all those times. It was good before they moved dealer locations when the price was capped

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Let us know the outcome of your discussions ;)
Good luck :cool:

Reactions: Lex