Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Capped price service

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
The last time that l got the car serviced the yearly warrant of fitness was also due.
Because the warrant was fixed price $60, l asked them if they could do the warrant first.
Then the actual service should only take half as long as a lot of the service items are covered in the warrant.
The service manager wouldn't have it. Warrant took about 40 minutes and the service took just over an hour.
Another time when they were in a hurry they did both in under an hour, and still charged me for the best part of two hours.

Last edited:

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
That Correct, "CRAPPED" price service

CRAPPED price service should be approx. $280 > $300, being it's an incentive to return,
But make sure they have DONE EVERYTHING !
As I had a CRAPPED price service on my " 1989 VN Update", 1996 VS II Aclaim, and VE S1 Berlina, (all new Cars I had purchased) and Reg Hunt Motors, & Brighton Holden NEVER did everything !

So I set my cars up to see if they did, and caught them out most of the times,
So I challenged them, and they swore black and blue their "TECHNITIONS did all the work,
Well they came unstuck everytime I had set them up, they just didn't get it !

I Didn't mind paying for a Service,
but refuse to GET FCKED over, and pay for stuff that wasnt done !
Righto mate.

Justcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
Response from dealership receptionist, this matter is still being resolved.

The CPS is provided on purchase of your vehicle, it stands for Capped Price servicing this is offered depending on your vehicle and sales contract , it is where Holden pays for part of the service and you as the customer pays a capped price (that price varies depending on the service interval of your vehicle) . This information you would know of at purchase of your vehicle and be in your sales contract, it's also recorded on Holden global centre in which I have access to and it states you did not have CPS on purchase of your vehicle. If you had CPS, you would have received that CPS serving until the final service of 105,000km or 84,00km depending on the vehicle. Once that CPS is finished ( no more Holden rebate )or as in your case you did not have CPS then your services are what Holden call Lifetime Capped price service, as mentioned previously that is what you have been doing and that is what you have been charged on.

Justcomm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
Response from dealership receptionist, this matter is still being resolved.

The CPS is provided on purchase of your vehicle, it stands for Capped Price servicing this is offered depending on your vehicle and sales contract , it is where Holden pays for part of the service and you as the customer pays a capped price (that price varies depending on the service interval of your vehicle) . This information you would know of at purchase of your vehicle and be in your sales contract, it's also recorded on Holden global centre in which I have access to and it states you did not have CPS on purchase of your vehicle. If you had CPS, you would have received that CPS serving until the final service of 105,000km or 84,00km depending on the vehicle. Once that CPS is finished ( no more Holden rebate )or as in your case you did not have CPS then your services are what Holden call Lifetime Capped price service, as mentioned previously that is what you have been doing and that is what you have been charged on.
I also advised

My vehicle was eligible under eligible vehicles in CPS terms and condition and service vehicle handbook.

Service warranty Handbook;

Includes lifetime CPS also;

New vehicle voulunatry warranty application

This voluntary warranty is given by Gm Holden LTD.ABN 84006893 232, (‘holden’) 191salmon st port Melbourne Victoria 3207. Holden customer care. 1800833349. The voulunaray warranty applies to the vehicle idnetifies on the inside of the front over of this booklet. It is provided to the original and subsequent owns/ operators driving the vehicle within Australia during the voluntary warranty period.
The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under consumer protection laws (including those under the completion and consumer act 2010), which cannot be excluded or limited ( referred to statutory rights.) this voluntary warranty in no way limits or restricts your rights or remedies under statutory rights.

Also CPS terms and conditions on eligible holders;

1. 4. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    A. When is a Holden Vehicle eligible to participate in the Holden Lifetime Capped Price Servicing Program?
    A Holden Vehicle which is an Eligible Vehicle is eligible to participate in the Program at any time from the first kilometre travelled by the Eligible Vehicle, provided that at the time it participates in the Program, it is registered with an Australian State or Territory road transport authority.
    B. What is an Eligible Vehicle?
    An "Eligible Vehicle" is:
    1. a Holden Vehicle; or
    2. any other vehicle which is published on Holden's website as being an "Eligible Vehicle"
      for the purpose of this Program,
  2. other than Excluded Vehicles.
    A vehicle is an "Excluded Vehicle" if it:
    1. is not registered with an Australian State or Territory road transport authority at the relevant time it proposes to participate in the Program;
    2. a vehicle which was first registered as a government vehicle*;
    3. a vehicle which was first registered as a rental vehicle*; or
    4. is a Holden Vehicle which Holden has determined is an "Excluded Vehicle”.

Please refer to the service program terms and conditions to as servicing programs are not listed in a contract for purchase.

Advised receptionist a contract for purchase is not a contract for vehicle servicing.

I’ve forwarded my discussions to holdencare, the dealership operating manager and ACCC and legal advisor.

Thanks legend!

JustCOMM

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You seem to be approaching it in the correct way.

Good luck with it.