Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Average income per year

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
just did some maths from xmas to xmas i should make 37500 before tax as a forkie. thats if they keep em on day, they are talking bout putting me on arvo so that will put me on 41600 before tax. not great but could be worse.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
i work as a security officer 4 nights a week FIFO $70,000 p/a

i dont really do much spend most my night on the internet haha

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Be careful haha otherwise you will get clueless tools on here bagging you out for driving only a Holden when earning that type of coin.

Ever thought about starting your own company?

I'm considering doing exactly that, and paying myself in franked dividends. I expect to make the same figures as what you are talking about, but be stuffed if I'm paying half of it to the tax office under a salary.

You do realise dividend income is counted as taxable income don't you? You end up paying the difference between your nomal marginal rate and the company tax rate (franked amount), thus your income tax works out the same. There are some other benefits however govco is systemically stamping them out one by one :(

Reaper

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
You do realise dividend income is counted as taxable income don't you? You end up paying the difference between your nomal marginal rate and the company tax rate (franked amount), thus your income tax works out the same. There are some other benefits however govco is systemically stamping them out one by one :(

Reaper

Yeah I know. I was looking at the imputation/tax credits side of things but I don't know what the government has planned for that.

Another alternative is to just pay myself enough to get by and dump the rest into super. But then again this asshole government has changed rules on that as well :mad:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Give me a yell when it cranks dude, I am really getting tired of NSW, well, give me a yell if you want a truck trainer / open cut examiner / mining engineer / sometimes explosives user , if you need one.
I come cheaply!, lol.

No worries bloke, although no one comes cheaply in the mining industry haha.

I'm lining my sister up as well, she is currently doing her underground time after finishing her mining degree. Trying to steer her into at least a masters degree so she can join the consulting world.

The husband and wife combination that started up the consultancy that I work for recently sold it to a multinational for tens of millions.

Thats my aim.

The_Plague

The Marlboro Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
No worries bloke, although no one comes cheaply in the mining industry haha.

I'm lining my sister up as well, she is currently doing her underground time after finishing her mining degree. Trying to steer her into at least a masters degree so she can join the consulting world.

The husband and wife combination that started up the consultancy that I work for recently sold it to a multinational for tens of millions.

Thats my aim.

Awesome!
Can I have pointless title like Junior Vice President?