Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad kicking in 4th gear VS commodore automatic

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Thought I would update and say that I have fixed this problem, turned out to be an ignition coil (the middle one) breaking down under load and causing the car to drop a cylinder or two. Best way to test this is get at least one working coil and replace one at a time then going for a drive to see if the misfire disappears. I have a mate with a Lexcen same as the VR model so I just swapped in all his coils for mine and the problem disappeared. I then went to autobarn and got a one new coil for 65 bucks and started swapping my coils out one by one, till i found the culprit one, ended up being the middle one. This fixed the little misfire i had at lower speed and also the vibrate/shudder in 4th gear on the highway.

shauny83

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
thanks changa, im having a similar problem atm, where im getting a surge in the @ revs between 1700-2000 rpm. im hoping its not the tcc, will try swapping out the coil packs!

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Yeah mine was more of a stutter than a surge, not sure if you are talking about the same sorta thing. But yes mine was due to the coil breaking down as soon as any load was placed on the cylinders it was responsible for, generally the 1500-2000 rpm range

shauny83

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hrmm funny you mention stutter, mine just stuttered when i gave it a bit at the lights in first going to the servo, so nowi have that to contend with... surely has to be an ignition problem *fingers crossed*

shauny83

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
got another coil today, surely enough that fixed the shutter problem, now to fix the surging problem!!