Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beached Az VS ute LS1 T56

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
hmm stato front end i hear you say. im not really keen on it to be honest. im preferring something a bit more sporty looking for the ute.

haha dan youd think the priority was getting it running but i havent really touched that side of things all week.

maybe stato dash but that will depend on how much wiring i have to replace. if i have to change the whole body loom ill definitely get a stato dash and add on the bits that look best from there on in.

todays progress.
i pulled off the hard lid and removed the hard plastic tubliner. then pulled off the fuel cover and found a sub box sitting next to the fuel tank although it had been water affected and was all mushy. that was binned but the subs may be ok?
DSCF4737.jpg

never heard of the brand. but aparently they are american made
DSCF4743.jpg

the previous owner had removed the blanking covers and replaced them with speaker grilles that ported thru to the subs.
DSCF4739.jpg

DSCF4738.jpg

i picked up a steering wheel and boss kit too

DSCF4740.jpg

and also some autotechnica seats

DSCF4742.jpg

and here is a picture of the replacement locks for the hard lid

DSCF4746.jpg

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
looking awesome haydz! definately some progress made! are those the seats u were watching on ebay? what did u end up getting them for? Trust me they'll be the best funtional mod you can do for the interior! Although it looks like the handle at the front of the seat for the sliders is on upside down lol...

Start cleaning the motor up dude!

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Nice.. LOL

If you guys need a hand with this car just give me a yell and i might be free to lend a hand..

You going to make it a sleeper or an out there power maker?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
thanks jack.

its not meant to look good. its being build for practicality ie to tow my motorbike and caravan ( a task that the caprice can only do if there are a) no speed humps b) no unsealed roads)

and it only happened to get a super 6 as thats what we had a spare one of.

i got a whole bunch of parts today
  • BCM,Keyhead and ignition barrel/lock
  • Air Filter
  • Oil Filter
  • Fuel Filter
  • Engine Mounts
  • Thrust Bearing
  • Spark Plugs
  • Full Synthetic Gearbox oil

still need a few more bits but that was the bulk of it. i also got the flywheel mounted to the motor but tried and failed to get the pressure plate and clutch disc on properly. i need to obtain a clutch aligning tool do this.

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
broom handle mate the old wooden ones work everytime as long it the right size that is what i used on my falcon,vp and vh

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
That hard lid was an awesome bonus. Looks like a fun project.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
thanks vr acclaim i tried that but no luck. its a bit of a mission of a job to do on your own. especially with the motor on an engine crane.

robbo. yeah its in good nic. just going to get it re painted as its faded a little. also planning to get some sideskirts painted at the same time.

i also took the ignition barrel and key to the locksmiths and got them to change it over. now its ready to bolt in.

the fuel tank is now clean also. and i swapped the super 6 pump onto the ute sender. time to put the tank back in. just waiting on some new breather lines.

also went and ordered the belts from cbc and they will be arriving tomorrow morning.

no pictures as its not very interesting. but hopefully this weekend will see at least one interesting update.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
small update.

spent half a day working on bits and pieces today.

installed the new bcm and ignition barrel
DSCF4856.jpg

DSCF4857.jpg

removed the front bumper and headlights and prepared the engine bay to have the motor installed tomorrow

DSCF4858.jpg

bolted the engine and gearbox together then cleaned them and installed new engine mounts.
DSCF4860.jpg

DSCF4859.jpg