Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beached Az VS ute LS1 T56

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
haha yeah rich. aparently the oddyssey batteries are pretty good. but nontheless i went with the optima. i went to rocket this morning and swapped my leads for the correct set ( yay) and sized up one of the aeroflow brackets. but theyre much too small. and i could get a billet sepecialties one to suit a optima for around the same price. so i got one.

i was getting annoyed at the bodgy fitting that was in the compressor housing. so got a new of them while i was shopping.

here is the proper lead set :) ill make them up on the weekend with any luck

i got a set of ls2 fuel rails and the mounting holes line up now. but the injectors still made it sit too high. so i got some alloy hollow pipe and made up 4 spacers so that the fuel rails are now mounted. not in the pic. but you can see what im talking about

then i got to wiring up the fuel pumps. they are all on a seperate relay all coming straight from the battery.

battery in its spot now with the mount

just a random shot. very blurry. i must learn to hold my phone still

i then decided now i have a battery hooked up ill crank it over and make sure its got oil pressure. pulled all the spark plugs out and removed the filter, filled it up with fresh oil and removed the turbo feed line. cranked it over till i had oil coming out there. then hooked it back up and hey presto oil pressure. got 45 psi just spinning at starter motor speed. so all is looking good:)

here's a pic of the interior now i have the battery back on for the first time in 6 months.

oh i also purchased something to make things a bit more interesting.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
This thing is still insane man ! , glad when it will be done

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
thanks man. im sick of working on it every chance i get and still not being able to drive it. such is life though. its close now. i need to flush clean fuel thru the system and wire in the haltech. then its time for tuning.

i made up the lines on the back of the rails today. and tightened them all up. installed the fuel tank and made my new leads. nothing too exciting. but progress is progress

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How long until you fire her up ?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Needs exhaust housing & dump pipe HPC coated!

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
Yeah waiting for parts or money for parts is the worst.

I actually fired it up for a second today. Just running a small amount of brake clean I sprayed into the manifold.

I need to wire up the haltech and then get it to the tuner to do his thing

I would like to have it coated man but I think I need to go a bigger dump pipe anyway. And when its hot all the time it doesnt look so bad

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
well ive got the haltech all in and wired up now. running the flex fuel sensor and a boost control solenoid also have hooked up the wideband to read directly to the ecu. still need to send the oil pressure and oil temp to the ecu but that will come in time. my plan is to later get a haltech racepak dash as most of the factory parts that are in the level 3 cluster no longer work with the bits and pieces that i have installed.

ive got some new tyres ready to go on kumho k36 street legal semi slicks. going to give them a try

trans.gif

its booked in for next monday the 26th to go get a tune. has to be tuned on 98 first then drain the tank and fill with e85 so the enrichment feature of the haltech will come into its own. not sure what else ive done had a few things stuff me around getting it to this stage but hopefully everything will go without a hitch when i take it to get tuned.