Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beached Az VS ute LS1 T56

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
well the exhaust has been done. its a single 4 inch from the turbo to the tub including one muffler and a 100cell cat.

i also had some problems with the temperature wanting to climb up when sitting at the lights so ive put another davies craig 14 inch thermo fan in front of the radiator. im also planning to get the exhaust in the bay ceramic coated to try keep temps down.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
taking it up to gerald at springwood car care. this weekend. for him to finish off my tune. at the moment. its on a base tune to suit the 3 inch exhaust. doesnt spool as quick with the 4 inch but it should be good when i can rev it right out. ill be sure to get some videos once its done.

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
Can't wait for them dude, been waiting for something like this for a while!!

How much boost are you gonna run? (Can't remember if you've said earlier).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds awesome. Looking forward to some driving vids.

BTW..any info on the HR ?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
I took it for a drive in some traffic yesterday and the temp gauge just kept climbing up. So ive pulled the thermostat out and drilled a couple holes in it and put it back in. So far so good. But im planning to go for a bit of a drive this afternoon and test it before I take it to get tuned.

The hr is another project ive had for a couple years now. Its got a 202 overbored to a 208. Big cam holley 350 with extractors running a 5 speed box and it has the front disc setup. Mostly retrimmed interior. Needs a new paint job to bring it back to looking awesome. But ive been too busy spending money on the vs to get to it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
well i managed to get the biggest oil cooler i could fit anywhere. ive got it mounted infront of the radiator but behind the intercooler. pics will take care of the rest. still waiting on a sandwich plate to come so i can finish it off. then see if it fixes my problem. fingers crossed

and just a pic of when i took it thru the national park after getting the 4 inch exhaust done.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
im starting a trend of not using them. haha no ive been too lazy to go get some standard wheel nuts so that the centre caps will fit on. i need another set of doritos for my trailer if you know of any for sale?