Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best method of N/A Air intake?

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
the snorkel is quite firm.

snorkels1.jpg

This is a snorkel. What Holden put under your bonnet is ducting.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
VT Commodore, V6 Naturally Aspirated. Currently running the standard factory airbox / over the radiator "snorkel" but with a K&N Panel Filter

I know there is plenty of CAI's about but I wonder about grabbing Air from behind the headlight as opposed to outside air from the bonnet gap? So what is the best way?

I have got priced, a K&N Pod with a Carbon Fibre Airbox to take air from the headlight space.. would that be an improvement? I interested in hearing whats been tried and proven?

Cheers,
I put one of those behind the head light pod filter thingy's on a Ford ef Falcon I had. Took it off 2 days later. Put a K&N filter in the
original air box and used the factory cold air intake. Found the factory set up with the K&N filter so much better than the pod. But that's just me......

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
factory airbox?...........with that sort of give up attitude we would never have won at Gallipoli would we.
Ummmmm......We didn't win at Gallipoli. Read your history.
Original air boxes....., OTR's....., Pod's........,this debate could go on foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Yesterday is the past.....Tomorrow is the future......Today is a gift.......That's why it's called the "present".

Very well put

Thanks mate and do u know what???? I can't for the life of me remember where I heard it. Me thinks me got brain drain in me old age. It was many many many moons ago. lol.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Honestly dont get how those mace cai set up's work, I cant hep but notice absolutley nowhere for air to come from behind the headlight.. unless i take it out.

Damn rip off in my opinion. I can't see day light behind my VT's headlight, so where is the "cold air" coming from.
Purely cosmetic I reckon.