Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best method of N/A Air intake?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
ha -4 for you cos it made a huge difference ya ballbag.

Must have easily been 50rwkw -.-/ sarc

Please refrain from name calling.

People are only going to believe you if you have evidence to back up that "gain"

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
The way you stretched out the intake mouth. Is it possible that when you close the hood, that it just gets squished back down?

Cause that would be counter productive, honestly.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Interesting. I've got an aluminium VCM otr (see picture below) which gets quite hot therefore decreasing the intake air temp.
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming the insulation will decrease the temp of the otr allowing for a colder air intake?
Or, mine being aluminium and not plastic as shown, would the insulation keep the heat in?

P1010044.jpg

Where does your IAT sensor sit? - I just had to move mine infront of the radiator (but still in the otr) as I was getting very high IAT readings in traffic.
Also alloy should dissipate the heat alot quicker than fibreglass

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Where does your IAT sensor sit? - I just had to move mine infront of the radiator (but still in the otr) as I was getting very high IAT readings in traffic.
Also alloy should dissipate the heat alot quicker than fibreglass

The IAT sits on the left side of the otr bout half way from the filter to the clamps.
Actually aluminium is one of the best materials to conduct and retain heat.
Example: At operating temperature, the intake manifold on this takes about 4 hours to get to absolute cold. Mind you, it's 6mm plate.
Cooling fins (heat sink) would make a big difference on the manifold but there is not enough room to the bonnet to make them effective.
Still it is very responsive and goes like the proverbial out of a shanghai for a 5 litre.